How many arrows does it take to kill an irriadiated soldier? A LOT!

timmodude

Holy cow! I never read the mod text, just the name and assumed it was an armor thing. I had no idea it prevented rad zombies from health regen. Will surely be adding this to my bow since I actually have the mod schematic. Thanks!!

Currently 10/10 in perception, though at that time it was probably lower, like maybe 8. And as for headshot, well since I'm a lousy shot, I don't bother. I can get a sneak headshot in sometimes, but after that I aim for the head but hit just about everywhere else :miserable: I play on warrior. And the bow has 3 mods installed; dye, polymer string and ergo grip (now 4 with the rad remover mod). It does 50 damage.

You should try to work on your aim for headshots then, you have more perception than I did in my first horde night video and it doesn't take that many shots (I didn't have a rad remover mod either)

This can be done in many many ways and a lot of it comes to down your playstyle, your hardware and your personality in general, its very hard to explain how you can improve your aim because I don't know you as a person or what you're using.

But better aim in general requires

1. Very good muscle memory with the weapon, and the mouse DPI, if it feels unnatural to you, try to tinker with your mouses DPI settings, or the games built in settings to try and get a good medium to where moving the mouse cursor is very natural to you, you'll build muscle memory much faster this way (It wont happen over night, but you'll notice improvement quickly)

2. Optional - Record yourself and watch yourself play, that way you can give yourself your own feedback; I do this frequently and it definitely helps me.

3. Gaming mouse/keyboards and even mousepad help so much, their keys and fibers are made for smoother playing so if you're a hardcore PC gamer, look to invest in these peripherals if you don't mind the money.

4. AIM- A lot of people have "Spray and Pray" mentality, this habitual mechanism within our brains is a response to panic, nervousness or anxiousness, so if you're a jumpy person try to relax yourself, you'll aim better.

5. Learn zombie and/or player movements. Watch how they move, study them for a few seconds, look at the terrain and try to quickly analyze where they are going, if they are running aim a little infront of them and let them run into the projectile, if its a sniper rifle, let them run into your crosshair. :3

Zombies have very predictable movements, although on the faster speeds their do strafe a lot, wait for the head to swing back into your crossaim instead of trying to meet it and shoot.

heres a video of my playing for a horde night.

Odd, I find the crossbow awesome and kill greens with it all the time.

4+ points in archery are.mandatory to fix the reload time, but with steel bolts and mods, its great.

You do need headshots though, I never aim anywhere else.

I also have that perk so reloading doesn't slow your movement.

I just switch to ak47 if I get a surprise horde of greens/ferals.

Crossbow used to be much better.

The reload now is just too much.

If I ever feel like using one now it's a Modded version.

I want the crossbow to be fun.... not realistic.

Crossbow used to be much better.

The reload now is just too much.

If I ever feel like using one now it's a Modded version.

I want the crossbow to be fun.... not realistic.

Yep, I don't bother with the crossbow and yet 90% of the ammo I find is crossbow bolts.

Yep, I don't bother with the crossbow and yet 90% of the ammo I find is crossbow bolts.

Hahaha man I had the same thought.

So... I made a higher tier Bow that uses Bow and Crossbow ammo.

Now I'm just fine whatever I find.

Also changed the scrapping for Steel arrows so they give you the steel tip back.

Then you can make them into Bolts if you like.

That always urked me that you didn't get the tips back.

About as much as not getting the jar back from Cornbread.

Hahaha man I had the same thought.

So... I made a higher tier Bow that uses Bow and Crossbow ammo.

Now I'm just fine whatever I find.

Also changed the scrapping for Steel arrows so they give you the steel tip back.

Then you can make them into Bolts if you like.

That always urked me that you didn't get the tips back.

About as much as not getting the jar back from Cornbread.

Yea, I've been running a lot of mod consideration for this alpha, (would be the only alpha in years I ever considered modding to be honest )

Archived