Minks Teleport System

Sadokath

Hi folkes,

I wrote a mod that provides a teleport system like server managers do.

This mod provides you the possibility to give your current ingame position a name (called "teleport position") and teleport back to it. A teleport position can be private (only you can see and use it) or global (everyone ono the server can see and use it). The minimum teleportation delay (default 15 minutes) and the maximum amount of teleport destinations defined per player (default 5) can be configurated via xml config file. Teleport destination names are unique.

The mod is written in C# and depends on allocs server fixes.

I wrote it for me and my friends. we used several server managers and liked the teleport features. but missed the feature of having also global teleport destinations. Like a friend found a cool spot miles and miles away defines a teleport destination and the others could teleport to it.

We used it with a 30 minutes delay. So it was no bunny hopping. And could only be used once every 30 minutes.

But i published it with a default of 15 minutes. You have an xml file to set it to whatever you like.

Source

I published the source on github: https://github.com/Mink80/Minks7daysMods/tree/1.0/TeleportSystem

Requirements

Allocs Allocs_CommonFunc mod (7dtd-server-fixes.dll) is needed. Ether all 3 of allocs Mods or just the "Allocs_CommonFunc" one is fine. You can get them here.

The Mod was written for the 7dtd dedicated server version A17.

How to install:

A binary version can be downloaded here: http://ge.tt/9mSHY1u2.

Its my ge.tt folder. Just download the file Minks_TeleportSystem.zip. And place the unzipped folder in your Mods folder.

How to use it:

Open the game console (F1) and use the following commands:

For users

(min PermissionLevel 1000)

* ListTeleportDestinations (short: ld)

* AddTeleportDestination (short: atd, at)

* TeleportToDestination (short: t)

* ShowTeleportDelay (short d)

* DelTeleportDestination

For admins

(PermissionLevel 0)

* ListAllTeleportDestinations - Lists all global and private teleport destinations

* ShowLastTeleports - Shows a table with the last teleport usage of all players

Configuration

The configuration file is named "TeleportSystemConfig.xml". For an example see here. The Mod will look for it in the save game directory of your game. If it will not find one, it creates the file while the first server start with the mod. The default values shown in the example will be used for that.

Misc

There are some small other mods in the ge.tt folder (source also on github).

Feel free to use them. Thats the folder where I will put in all the stuff I will write for 7days.

I just got a nice idea for an ingame pvp mod... but can't say more right now ;)

Have fun guys!

Cheers,

Mink aka Sadokath

I'm trying to use this and I'm confused. I have the Teleport mod installed, I have the Server_fix folders installed. So in my mod folder is:

Allocs_CommandExtensions

allocs_CommonFunc

Allocs_WebAndMapRendering

I just need to know HOW to use these things. I'm trying the console and in-game text. Am I right in assuming I need to make a dedicated server and I can't use it just hosting a game I'm playing? I'm explaining it poorly but think lan vs dedicated hosting.

I'm trying to use this and I'm confused. I have the Teleport mod installed, I have the Server_fix folders installed. So in my mod folder is:

Allocs_CommandExtensions

allocs_CommonFunc

Allocs_WebAndMapRendering

I just need to know HOW to use these things. I'm trying the console and in-game text. Am I right in assuming I need to make a dedicated server and I can't use it just hosting a game I'm playing? I'm explaining it poorly but think lan vs dedicated hosting.

Just place the "Minks_TeleportSystem" folder next to the 3 alloc folders.

Start the game and open the game console (F1)

* AddTeleportDestination foo

This will add a private teleport destination named "foo".

*AddTeleportDestination bar global

This will add a global teleport destination named "bar"

* ListTeleportDestinations

Shows a list of available teleport destinations

* TeleportToDestination foo

Teleport to destination called "foo"

* ShowTeleportDelay

Show when you can teleport the next time.

Allocs mods require a dedicated server. But to be honest, i never tryed it on a normal game client.

I developed this on a dedicated server.

Cheers,

Mink

Thank you for the lesson. Guess I'll have to learn to host a dedicated server real fast and try it there since my normal game client won't cut it.

Sure, here is a tutorial for that:

You can start a dedicated server on your PC and also the client that connects to it.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived