Craftable Charcoal Grill

EpicSpire

i tried to make the Charcoal grill craftable, but it did not work. I'm new to xml modding and xpathing, so it may be an easy fix. i assume it is something to do with XUI

i copy/pasted the campfire Item and block properties to the Charcoal grill item and block that i made (using the in game charcoal grill as a base). When crafted, the item is invisible in the inventory but can be placed normally.. but can not be interacted with.

I want it to work just like a campfire. so it is more for aesthetics than anything, still uses fuel to cook, etc...

if someone can help me with this i'd appreciate it. if you want to make it, then go for it, but i' would at last like to know how to do it.

i tried to make the Charcoal grill craftable, but it did not work. I'm new to xml modding and xpathing, so it may be an easy fix. i assume it is something to do with XUI

recipes.xml

<append xpath="/recipes">
   <recipe name="cntCharcoalGrillOpen" count="1" craft_area="workbench">
     <ingredient name="resourceOil" count="1"/>
     <ingredient name="resourceForgedIron" count="5"/>
     <ingredient name="resourceMechanicalParts" count="2"/>
   </recipe>
 </append>

recipes.xml

<append xpath="/recipes">
   <recipe name="cntCharcoalGrillOpen" count="1" craft_area="workbench">
     <ingredient name="resourceOil" count="1"/>
     <ingredient name="resourceForgedIron" count="5"/>
     <ingredient name="resourceMechanicalParts" count="2"/>
   </recipe>
 </append>

yeah, i have the recipe made. i have fixed the inventory icon thing. but for some reason i cant activate the grill.

i think i fixed it. I left out the "workstation_WorkingCharcoalGrill" in the XUI window_group name. i had just named it "WorkingCharcoalGrill". i looked at the campfire and realized it had "workstation" in front of it and changed my grill to match. and now it works

<configs>

<append xpath="/xui/ruleset">
	<window_group name="workstation_WorkingCharcoalGrill" controller="XUiC_WorkstationWindowGroup">
		<window name="windowCraftingList"/>
		<window name="craftingInfoPanel"/>
		<window name="windowCraftingQueue"/>
		<window name="windowToolsCampfire"/>
		<window name="windowFuel"/>
		<window name="windowOutput"/>
		<window name="windowNonPagingHeader"/>
	</window_group>
</append>

</configs>

i think i fixed it. I left out the "workstation_WorkingCharcoalGrill" in the XUI window_group name. i had just named it "WorkingCharcoalGrill". i looked at the campfire and realized it had "workstation" in front of it and changed my grill to match. and now it works

Glad ya got it working. Didn't realize the full context of your question so I apologize for that - didn't know you wanted a working one either lol.

Archived