A17 Bedroll Prevent Zombie spawns still right? Per A17 Release Notes (inferred)

Jackelmyer

Can a developer weigh in on this please? I keep seeing people say "Land Claim for Zombie Spawn Protection" but no one seems to be talking about Bedrolls anymore (likely I'm just not finding them...).

A17 Release Notes commenting on Bedrolls.

Land Claim Improvements

• You can only have one active land claim block but the claim area is much larger.
  • Claim blocks are cheap to craft and repair. Placing another will instantly deactivate but not destroy your previous one.
    The claim area prevents zombie respawn.

Added

• Land claim check to sleeper volume is player home (bedroll) check.

Changed

• Moved bedroll position from player data file to persistent data ( Offline owner bedrolls do not count towards protection for sleepers) (offline player bedrolls show name as unknown)

Interpretation?

So... Based on what I'm reading, it looks like both Land claim blocks and Bedrolls (home bedroll) prevent zombie spawns. Is that right?

Key points -

Below is stating that the land claim is the same as the player home bedroll check. So bedroll checks are still in effect?

• Land claim check to sleeper volume is player home (bedroll) check.

Below is stating that bedrolls don't work, specifically for offline protection. This means that home bedrolls prevent zombie spawns while online? So... If a player has a land claim in their basement, but a bedroll up top, zombies will still spawn in up top while the player is offline and the player could come back to a spawned zombie upon logging back in?

• Moved bedroll position from player data file to persistent data ( Offline owner bedrolls do not count towards protection for sleepers) (offline player bedrolls show name as unknown)

Are these correct interpretations?

Thanks!

Bedrolls have worked like that for a while. They definitely worked like that in a16 because a friend of mine kept doing that to the rest of our team and we'd log in to a full house of hungry zombies because his bag was always someplace else. I never saw any comment that this behavior was going to change for a17, so lacking an explicit release note, it's reasonable to believe that it did not change. So yes, if someone pokes your area and causes sleeper spawn checks while you are offline, the sleepers may just pop up on you next time you log in.

What I do not know is whether LCBs "turn off" like a bedroll does when you log out, but if they are using the exact same code, it's possible. This is something that I haven't tested.

Bedrolls have worked like that for a while. They definitely worked like that in a16 because a friend of mine kept doing that to the rest of our team and we'd log in to a full house of hungry zombies because his bag was always someplace else. I never saw any comment that this behavior was going to change for a17, so lacking an explicit release note, it's reasonable to believe that it did not change. So yes, if someone pokes your area and causes sleeper spawn checks while you are offline, the sleepers may just pop up on you next time you log in.

What I do not know is whether LCBs "turn off" like a bedroll does when you log out, but if they are using the exact same code, it's possible. This is something that I haven't tested.

So in theory you could double the area size of your zombie spawn protection. At least while logged in. huh. Need to keep that in mind too.

Archived