Alpha 17 is ridiculous.

SurvivorOfTheHorde

I started playing alpha 16. I thought you maybe had to eat a bit much, but I had a great time playing.

Alpha 17 came out, I was exited and used 3gb of my 4g to update the game.

My experience.

Long story short. WTF?

First off, you need to have about 7-8 lamb rations a day to stay well fed. Or about 10 charred or 9 grilled meat. Nobody eat that much. Nobody. If you don't have the much food, you will die within 7 days. The amounts that you have to eat is just ridiculous.

The stamina is absolutely ridiculous too. Being able to sprint for 13 seconds when you have 100/100 stamina, or being able to swing a club 10 times (if you stand still) or 5 times powerfully. And after that, you have 97/100 stamina. Do that do that 10 more times, and you now have 67/100 stamina and now you can run for about 8 seconds. Then you have to eat 3 grilles meat, or about 600grams converted to reality. And then you are good to go for about 1-3 more in game hours depending on how many zombies you meet.

You have to take a perk to grill meat or make a tea? Seriously? Who's idea was this?

AK-47 have the same damage as a powerattack with the iron einforced club. Which is 42. The magnum, a pistol, have 80. Again, absolutely ridiculous.

It takes 34 perfectly landed pipebombs (at their feet) to take out a small horde of 7-8 zombies (they were so close that they were touching each other) and yes, you read right, 34. I play on normal difficulty.

After the pipebombs incident I decided to quit, it's just not fun when it is sooooo ridiculous.

What I did like about the update thou, the fact that you can get encumbered, plus the new look of the game.

Also. I'd like to report a bug. The painkillers did nothing but make my character thirsty.

Hope this game is fixed soon.

Thank you for trying.

Hey there SurvivorOfTheHorde,

How much time is allocated to your in game day? I have mine set to 90 mins and am not having the same issues with food that you are. I was finding I was surviving okay with 2-3 food items a day (I wasn't well fed for the first couple of days but I was surviving)

The game has definitely had a major overhaul and it's extremely different to Alpha 16. There are certainly more challenges now, but overall I think these changes are for the best as the game was super easy and now it requires a little more thought to survive.

I hope you find some enjoyment back in 7DTD :)

Azie

I agree with you. I hoped this game was going to be different from other survival RPG's. In A16, you had organic/natural leveling, your character learned by "doing", and you needed to search for recipes, for apocalypse knowledge. Now, you have to slaughter columns of zombies and spend points. WTF? Maybe the next alpha, if you get enough points, you click a button to win the game!

Organic leveling was awesome and very refreshing. Just do it better! Don't just abandon it! And hunting for recipes was part of the fun! I wished they went to town with that actually, made it so that ALL but the most basic recipes had to be found and learned. It was a journey!

I love A17's wondrous new POI's, but the gameplay took a huge nosedive. Get rid of the skill menu and make the character actually LEARN again.

Absolutely agree. Organic leveling is where it's at. Plus some other perks you can spend points on, like in Alpha 16.

Plus what would be really cool, if you were able to drop your backpack by pressing for example "i" (for inventory). So that you could walk around over encumbered, but it you met some zombies, you drop your backpack (with an animation) and now you are free to run as fast as you want while killing the zombies.

And of course, maybe more, but more brittle zombies, it's not fun when literally every zombie can take 2-3 shots with an AK-47 to the head.

Absolutely agree. Organic leveling is where it's at. Plus some other perks you can spend points on, like in Alpha 16.

Plus what would be really cool, if you were able to drop your backpack by pressing for example "i" (for inventory). So that you could walk around over encumbered, but it you met some zombies, you drop your backpack (with an animation) and now you are free to run as fast as you want while killing the zombies.

And of course, maybe more, but more brittle zombies, it's not fun when literally every zombie can take 2-3 shots with an AK-47 to the head.

Yes to all this, except I'd prefer A15's leveling system: special stuff with points, the rest natural or you can waste points there too but it's not worth it unless you're really in need and the requirement is 1 point away.

Regarding the Original Concern: Rebalancing is coming in A17.1 they're already aware of all this. All that is left is to hope they do it right.

Archived