Can't Connect to friends server

friar

My game crashed yesterday and ever since that happened I am unable to connect to my friends session. I can try to connect from the game browser or the Steam overlay but it just gets stuck on connecting. In the server browser the name pops up but the IP address field is blank and the port # is -1. Clearly that's wrong. Is there a known fix for this ridiculous issue? Also if I try to join off of someone else connected to the session the game freezes and times out. If I try to add the IP address and Port # manually the same thing happens. I've tried everything I can think of. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, verified game cache, deleted data folder. The server is still working fine since it's a direct connection to his PC and my friends are playing it as I type this so it's not on his end.

From my own experience it's because your server is behind a private router. For some reason this works bad with the default network protocol used. Try change

<property name="ServerDisabledNetworkProtocols" value="SteamNetworking"/>
to
<property name="ServerDisabledNetworkProtocols" value="LiteNetLib"/>
in the serverconfig xml file. Worked for us.

No it's not. I'm the server host and no one else of the 4 other people connecting (with me it would be 6/8) have this issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Going to need for you to check out the Sticky threads.

I found nothing in the stickied thread that had any solution for this issue. If you have helpful information please share.

From my own experience it's because your server is behind a private router. For some reason this works bad with the default network protocol used. Try change to in the serverconfig xml file. Worked for us.

This worked, something is wrong with the Steam Network. The host has to change their config

Having similar issues recently. Was not having any issues playing until 2 days ago. Can go into my friends server, but then it lags (only on my computer, not the host computer). Tried uninstalling and re-installing. Same thing. Signed in to a single game and no issues, so I know it is the server. I see the post above by have no clue where to go to to change the protocols in the game. Does the host have to start a new game and change them or is there a way to change a current game that we are playing?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived