• Insane FPS Drop after driving motorcycle with a drone following me.

Dr Mayham
    • Version: A21 b323 experimental

Summary:

I purchased a drone from the trader, filled it with mods and items, and placed it down.

I hopped on my motorcycle and went to drive to my next quest.

I noticed the drone was following strangely, it was teleporting all over the place and not smoothly following like it did in alpha 20

I bumped into what seemed like an invisible wall on the road and all hell broke loose.

The drone disappeared and my motorcycle started driving very very very fast.

Performance is now terrible, very low fps and skipping.

This is now permanent in this world only.

Game Version: ( A21 b323 )

OS/Version: ( Windows )

CPU Model: ( Intel i7 11700KF )

System Memory: ( 32 GB )

GPU Model and VRAM: ( nVidia GTX 3070 )

Screen Resolution: ( 2560X1440 )

Video Settings: ( Ultra )

Game mode: ( SP )

Did you wipe old saves? ( No )

Did you start a new game? starting a new game was fine. just this world is affected

Did you validate your files? ( Yes )

Are you using any mods? ( No )

EAC  tried with on and off

Bug Description: 

super speed motorcycle, vanishing drone, and massive performance issues

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1)  load drone with items and mods and have it follow you

2)  drive on motorcycle

3)  bump into invisible wall

4)  fps drop and hyper-speed activated

Actual result: massive FPS drop/ skipping all over the place, making world unplayable. drone has vanished. motorcycle driving unbelievably fast

Expected result: driving motorcycle with drone following like normal

Here is the log

https://justpaste.it/bmej2

I took a video of this happening after reloading the world a few times and it teleported me out of the map and now that is where my character is

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mb5ulrop9naq5fd/7 Days To Die 2023-06-28 18-04-34.mp4?dl=0

here is that log

https://justpaste.it/bru7l

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

12 minutes ago, Dr Mayham said:

I used the console to teleport myself back home.

The issue is gone. however so is my motorcycle and my drone

Nevermind, I drove my minibike for about 30 seconds and the same thing happened again.

Can confirm that this is still happening. Same issue with driving my motorcycle into Trader Joel's with my drone following me. Had to pick up my drone, and drive out for the issue to be resolved. 

So my wife and I have been playing this game for a long time.  Been playing on A21 since it dropped.  Both had drones for a bit.  I had the same issue, driving 4x4, hitting invisible walls everywhere, now major fps drop when we go away from the house.  If anyone finds a work around let me know please.

Also, at some point my drone poofed.  So just now, she gave me hers to see if it would sort of "reset" my drone, and it says max deployed.  So either one, I'm thinking it got destroyed and the game doesn't know what to do, or two, it got stuck in limbo under the map when I fell through shortly before all the issues.

6 hours ago, LordeHelixx said:

So my wife and I have been playing this game for a long time.  Been playing on A21 since it dropped.  Both had drones for a bit.  I had the same issue, driving 4x4, hitting invisible walls everywhere, now major fps drop when we go away from the house.  If anyone finds a work around let me know please.

Also, at some point my drone poofed.  So just now, she gave me hers to see if it would sort of "reset" my drone, and it says max deployed.  So either one, I'm thinking it got destroyed and the game doesn't know what to do, or two, it got stuck in limbo under the map when I fell through shortly before all the issues.

See if this post helps at all in retrieving your stuck drone

https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/32768-drone-disappeared-from-map-after-restart/?do=findComment&comment=528949

58 minutes ago, NekoPawtato said:

We ended up going to way of deleting the drone file and it worked.  The junkDrone clear command apparently cleared it but console was showing it still trying to get to me somehow, so the drone file was last resort but everything was back to normal.

I've had this bug happen now twice in my current world, requiring me to restore a backup of a save to resolve.  I seem to encounter the same circumstances.

Driving a vehicle that seems to hit an invisible wall is the first indicator that something is wrong.  I did notice that the vehicle seemed to be dipped down in front, like the front end had fallen into an invisible hole in the terrain.  Later, my drone seemed to be "stuck", just sitting in one spot, not following.  Very soon after, I fell into a glitched part of the world, just bouncing up and down between being under the terrain and above it.  The first time it happened I was able to just jump out of the "hole" and resume normally.  The second time, I jumped and ended up half in and half out of the terrain, having to break a block to get unstuck.  Up to this point the game resumed acting normally and playable.

Back in my vehicle driving back to base is when the game/save breaking bug happens.  Frames drop to 1-2 FPS because of "Origin ray fail", "Origin Reposition"

As far as I have seen, there is no getting out of it.  The save is bugged and can not be played.

12 minutes ago, timmodude said:

I've had this bug happen now twice in my current world, requiring me to restore a backup of a save to resolve.  I seem to encounter the same circumstances.

Driving a vehicle that seems to hit an invisible wall is the first indicator that something is wrong.  I did notice that the vehicle seemed to be dipped down in front, like the front end had fallen into an invisible hole in the terrain.  Later, my drone seemed to be "stuck", just sitting in one spot, not following.  Very soon after, I fell into a glitched part of the world, just bouncing up and down between being under the terrain and above it.  The first time it happened I was able to just jump out of the "hole" and resume normally.  The second time, I jumped and ended up half in and half out of the terrain, having to break a block to get unstuck.  Up to this point the game resumed acting normally and playable.

Back in my vehicle driving back to base is when the game/save breaking bug happens.  Frames drop to 1-2 FPS because of "Origin ray fail", "Origin Reposition"

As far as I have seen, there is no getting out of it.  The save is bugged and can not be played.

The drone currently has no way to not do this.  My wife and I have drones stowed away for when they do fix it.  Instead of reverting to a previous save, you can go into your game files, and there's one named "drone".  If you delete that, you can continue but will only lose the drone and stuff that it carried.

I experience the same issue but for me it startet with the 4x4.

Drone was out, with mods and loaded with stuff, I hit ne invisible wall with the 4x4. After that the drone was missing and I got the super speed for a bit. Looks like the super speed only starts at specific locations and stops at the same ones.

Yesterday I also experienced the extreme fps drop right after having the super speed. Also with the 4x4, but this time it happened at a specific location in the wasteland and it stopped after running back to the forest biome near my base.

I've also observed, that when working on my base, I still hear the sound effect of the drone dangling against some walls sometimes.

Yeah this bug is a game breaker, it might be connected to exploring new areas since in my game this same thing is happening whenever I try to explore greyed out portions of the map, my 4x4 goes into hyperdrive and I drop frames down to like maybe a few frames a second, im running this game off of a computer with almost double the recommended stats so its not my computer, hope they fix it soon, lot of effort put into this world!

16 minutes ago, BLACKSINOFWRATH said:

Yeah this bug is a game breaker, it might be connected to exploring new areas since in my game this same thing is happening whenever I try to explore greyed out portions of the map, my 4x4 goes into hyperdrive and I drop frames down to like maybe a few frames a second, im running this game off of a computer with almost double the recommended stats so its not my computer, hope they fix it soon, lot of effort put into this world!

Kept trying stuff and it seems that this only happens in the Forest and Snow biomes, potentially only around traders, it least that's where I've experienced it the most severely

10 minutes ago, BLACKSINOFWRATH said:

Kept trying stuff and it seems that this only happens in the Forest and Snow biomes, potentially only around traders, it least that's where I've experienced it the most severely

So i keep testing the theory that the lag is based around traders, i think that might have something to do with it since the only time im experiencing this is around traders.

Thanks for all of the information folks. This issue looks to be fixed up in our internal patches, it's undergoing more testing; hopefully we can get it to yall soon. If anyone does have information that hasn't been posted before, please do share it with us, and we'll add it to testing. Thanks again and sorry about the spicey-drone behavior 😅

3 hours ago, Maniac82 said:

Hello!

I have this bug.

Contininue from save, one-two minutes playing - fps drop down and bike move very fast!

How fix it?

logs

JD clear not help with my situation!! Delete files drones.dat - not fix problem :(