• Higher tier Quests have inconsistent rewards as well as contain reward items from as low as tier 1 rewards especially tier 2.

Callum123456789
    • Version: alpha 21 b317

Game Version: (A21 b313)

OS/Version: (Windows}

CPU Model: (Intel core I7-3770 3.4GHZ 4 cores)

System Memory: (16 GB)

GPU Model and VRAM: (nVidia GTX 1050TI 4 GB)

Screen Resolution: (Width and Height such as 1920x1080)

Video Settings: (Lowest))

Game mode: (SP Navezgane)

Did you wipe old saves? (Yes)

Did you start a new game? (Yes)

Did you validate your files? (Yes)

Are you using any mods? (No)

Bug Description: this may not be a bug but i have reason to believe it is when i complete higher tier quests i seem to be getting a mix of tier 1 and tier 2 quest rewards which should not be happening as each quest tier should have their own quest reward pool as i saw in the quests.xml file for example as a test i have took many quest tickets and turned them into the trader and seem to be getting a level 2 leather hood from a tier 6 quest (which is clear evidence the rewards pool is messed up) sometime still be fine and show the regular quest rewards other times it will have a mix of both and sometimes it will have tier 1 rewards e.g. ammo and pipe bombs.

(whatever is happening with the quest reward options also affects daring adventurer and without it)

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1)load into any game world and enter cm or and dm for convenience

2)select a bunch of tier 1-6 quest tickets and turn in at least 15 of each and store them in a box labelled tier 1 to 6 and document results

3)

Actual result: (the quest reward are very inconsistent between tiers tier 1 seems fine however but you find tier 2 armour from tier 2 quests in things like tier 3 and above this shouldn't happen and pipe bombs also make their way in same with Molotov's.)

Expected result: (result stated above)

EAC on 

log file 7dtd quest reward oddities - Pastebin.com

Video Evidence highlighting the issues (may not be a bug but results are documented 14 times for each tier.) 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

one last comment to emphasise that it doesn't happen all the time but it certainly does i will reiterate that im not sure if this is a bug but the quality 2 armours slipping into quests especially tier 6 doesn't seem right i could however be wrong.

ahem information fail Alpha 21 B317

Thank you for reporting.

Yes,  we are aware of this issue,  and are working on balancing the quest rewards.  Please wait for future fixes to them.