• Land Claim no decay after expired

Toxicdust
    • Version: A21 Stable (b324)

Summary: Land Claim blocks dont decay after expiring. They become indestructible and a CR is needed to remove user blocks

Config settings are as follows:

"LandClaimCount"                    value="3"
    "LandClaimSize"                    value="41"
    "LandClaimDeadZone"                value="30"
    "LandClaimExpiryTime"            value="7"

"LandClaimDecayMode"                value="1"

"LandClaimOnlineDurabilityModifier"    value="4"

"LandClaimOfflineDurabilityModifier"    value="4"

"LandClaimOfflineDelay"            value="0"

Game Version: A21 b324

OS/Version: Windows Dedicated Server with Spec below of the server

CPU Model: Intel i3 - G5400

System Memory: 16gb

GPU Model and VRAM: nVidia RTX 680

Screen Resolution: 1920x1080

Video Settings: Server Console only. Not running game on server

Game mode: MP host

Did you wipe old saves? Yes

Did you start a new game? Yes

Did you validate your files? Yes

Are you using any mods? Yes - Only GUI changes

EAC on or off? ON

Bug Description: Land claims become indestructible even to Dev Admin Tools when in the current config they are offline for more than 7 days. The Land claim also does not decay but makes all blocks indestructible including the land claim. When I go to the land claim its still in "Active" state and nothing I do will remove or damage the land claim or protected blocks except me doing a CR f in console to force the chunk to reset. 

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) Player on server place Land claim

2) Player logs out and dont return for more than 7 Days

3) 7 Real world days pass and claim is fully protected against all damage. Even Admin tools

Actual result: Up until 6days 23hours and 59min for last logged out the protected area can be damaged and destroyed. As soon as you hit the 7 real world days mark the claim becomes indestructible even though settings in confor have decay as well as 7 day only protection

Expected result: Land claims should never provide full protection on a server where limited protection is enabled. If the days are reached decay should set in reducing the protection and not making it infinite

Link to Pastebin Output Log:

https://pastebin.com/gEk5YXsa

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

10 minutes ago, 3ternalDamned said:

Please try with out all the mods which far exceed a simple UI mod.

Mods have got no baring of effect on Land claim expiring or Decay. I will remove the mods and try it again. FOr the current resolution I have just set claims to be valid for 100 Days so that their bases can still be raided 

40 minutes ago, Toxicdust said:

Mods have got no baring of effect on Land claim expiring or Decay. I will remove the mods and try it again. FOr the current resolution I have just set claims to be valid for 100 Days so that their bases can still be raided 

I did a quick test doing this and the land claim was inactive and was able to be destroyed by another client. Not sure what's going on, but something besides the repro steps is causing this.

5 hours ago, Jugginator said:

I did a quick test doing this and the land claim was inactive and was able to be destroyed by another client. Not sure what's going on, but something besides the repro steps is causing this.

Thanks. Have no idea what it could be. The server is quite popular with the quality of life mods so will just monitor it when we get to 100 Days last online and just manually go reset those chunks. Still seem to be a issue cause on previous times when I reset the chunk where there was a land claim the Regions started to become corrupted. Running a backup every 6 hours now so I have restore points on the regions. 

Pushing close to day 400 in game now so will have to see how long it can stay stable until it breaks 😛

On 10/16/2023 at 1:15 PM, Jugginator said:

This is something to keep in mind while testing, so we'll keep an eye out for it. But I definitely can't reproduce this.

We actually had this happen on the TFP public test server for A21.1, @schwanz9000 and I checked it out a while back. I've made an internal ticket for it now, so I think we can move this to at least "Under Review" (since we don't know exactly what the repro steps are)