Video Settings: High

Game mode: tested w/ SP and MP host

Did you wipe old saves? Yes, fully wiped game and data folders

Did you start a new game? Yes, fully wiped game and data folders

Did you validate your files? Yes, fully wiped game and data folders

Are you using any mods? No

EAC on or off? Either

Bug Description: weird left arm animation when looking up

note: I am using the Tobii Eye Tracker features, not sure if it is related.

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) start a game

2) look up/go up a ladder

Actual result: (description of what is occurring)

left arm flails about strangely when looking up or climbing

Expected result: (what you expect to occur)

shouldn't see left arm just from looking up, and IF you see it when climbing it should look like it is climbing

Link to Pastebin Output Log:

https://pastebin.com/EgBzfaHc

Link to YouTube Video:

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This does not occur in the vanilla game. When encountering bugs while using mods or other third party alterations, please attempt a reproduction without them before reporting. It eliminates a lot of tail-chasing looking for a bug where one really isn't. Thank you.

sorry i thought it was supported. i guess i'll take it up with Tobii. may as well delete my other report as well then if the eye tracker code isn't written by TFP. thanks.

@tsbx

I retested this without the eye tracker and it is easily reproducible. This definitely is a bug in the vanilla game. The only thing the eye tracker does is make it happen more often. If you look straight up in a vanilla game when you hit the max limit of how far you can look up, your right hand/weapon disappears and your left arm flails up onto the screen. 

This can literally be reproduced in less than 2 seconds once the vanilla game is loaded up, with no mods or 3rd party anything. The only caveat is for it to be blatantly obvious, you need to be holding something in your hand (torch or stone axe, for example). It still happens without anything in your hand, but only a little bit of the arm shows on the screen, it is mostly invisible. With something in your hand, the entire arm shows and covers half the screen.

Screenshot 2023-07-14 042514.png

4 hours ago, pvwolfgang420 said:

@tsbx

I retested this without the eye tracker and it is easily reproducible. This definitely is a bug in the vanilla game. The only thing the eye tracker does is make it happen more often. If you look straight up in a vanilla game when you hit the max limit of how far you can look up, your right hand/weapon disappears and your left arm flails up onto the screen. 

This can literally be reproduced in less than 2 seconds once the vanilla game is loaded up, with no mods or 3rd party anything. The only caveat is for it to be blatantly obvious, you need to be holding something in your hand (torch or stone axe, for example). It still happens without anything in your hand, but only a little bit of the arm shows on the screen, it is mostly invisible. With something in your hand, the entire arm shows and covers half the screen.

Screenshot 2023-07-14 042514.png

This doesn't happen in vanilla, you likely have remnants of the mod that is causing this. 

image.thumb.png.c69164929fb06e6f1c83d1456d6d1ac0.png

Hey, I know this isn't your bug, but I wanted to follow up to let you know that I reported this to Tobii and they have released a new version of their "game hub" software (v3.1.0) to resolve this issue. Not sure if you care, but you might want to put out some sort of communication about it.

I'm telling you because far as I can tell, they haven't put out any public communication about the fix, and their software does not appear to have any 'check for updates' functionality. You have to go to their website and manually download the new version to get the fix. So, I'm assuming I'm the only person who knows about this since they emailed me to let me know they were closing the ticket as fixed.

Anyway, it probably only affects about 0.001% of your player base, but those people could have a slightly better experience in your game if they know to update the Tobii "game hub" to v3.1.0.

Regarding the fix, it looks like they just hide both arms from the viewport when you reach a certain threshold of how far up you are looking.