• Weird Bug after Death

AmethystLainey
    • Version: a 21 b317

Summary: 
    I died but food didnt reset even though everything else did.
    Night 1 , before lvl 5

Game Version: (A21 b317)

OS/Version: (Windows 11)

CPU Model: 

System Memory: (16 GB)

GPU Model and VRAM: 

Screen Resolution: 

Video Settings: 

Game mode: (SP,Pregen6k)

Did you wipe old saves? (Yes)

Did you start a new game? (Yes)

Did you validate your files? (Yes)

Are you using any mods? (No)

EAC on or off? on

Bug Description:

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:
    let ur food/water/health etc go down
    Die
    respawn 

Actual result: 

everything but the food bar is reset.

Expected result: 

everything to be reset 

Log file
    https://pastebin.com/SwPfDRDM

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Was there anything else that you did? I am trying to repro this, but I haven't been able to. Did it only happen once or were you able to repro this as well?

On 7/6/2023 at 3:11 PM, Pokketninja said:

Was there anything else that you did? I am trying to repro this, but I haven't been able to. Did it only happen once or were you able to repro this as well?

Can you try this and see if it also happens for you?

1. Put 4/5 in healing factor
    2. Wait until hunger bar goes down a bit (doesnt have to be until you get hungry debuff, just low enough that it's noticeable when you revive)
    3. Put down a bed roll and surround it with spikes
    4. Die
    5. Spam click so you revive on your bedroll as fast as possible
    6. Hold movement key so you run into spikes and take damage almost immediately after respawning

Your character's hunger bar will not refill, and I notice it also starts draining significantly faster than before you died

Here is a video: https://imgur.com/a/Pc2HDL6

I don't think this is what have happened to the user per-se since it wouldn't make sense for a user to surround their spawn with spikes, but my theory is maybe some odd timing with a debuff before the player died could cause it (like maybe you're still bleeding when you revived and then healing factor kicks in and makes you hungry which cancels out whatever it is that refills your hunger bar?)

By the way, would you happen to know how to use the console command to make yourself hungry? Using command "thirsty" works but trying "starve" "hunger" or "food" doesn't affect my hunger bar at all

I encountered this bug, in my case this bug is guaranteed to be reproduced if the character dies while holding Shift + W at the same time.

> notice it also starts draining significantly faster than before you died

I never used the "healing factor" ability, but healing mod (which replenishes 1 hp every 6 seconds or whatever, whenever your health is at 50% or less) always did consume food to heal you, whatever the ratio is. If its the same kind of regeneration, it looks like intended then.

Whether its faster or not I could not tell, however.

Just now, Diaboliko said:

> notice it also starts draining significantly faster than before you died

I never used the "healing factor" ability, but healing mod (which replenishes 1 hp every 6 seconds or whatever, whenever your health is at 50% or less) always did consume food to heal you, whatever the ratio is. If its the same kind of regeneration, it looks like intended then.

Whether its faster or not I could not tell, however.

I didnt have any healing mods installed on my weapons at the time, the problem is even if it did consume food, it's at an inconsistent rate. After dying, I could see the food bar going down every second, whereas before I died it was not moving that fast.

You also can compare how fast my health was regenerating before and after dying and see it started regenerating really fast after reviving

I've tried to reproduce this for over an hour now in A21 B324. The only thing that comes close is the demo @NekoPawtato posted, but I don't think that is the case since @AmethystLainey was only level 2 when they died to the snake. I even tried the suggestion by @Elidey without any luck.

If anyone can find 100% repro steps, we'd love to see it.

58 minutes ago, schwanz9000 said:

I've tried to reproduce this for over an hour now in A21 B324. The only thing that comes close is the demo @NekoPawtato posted, but I don't think that is the case since @AmethystLainey was only level 2 when they died to the snake. I even tried the suggestion by @Elidey without any luck.

If anyone can find 100% repro steps, we'd love to see it.

Was able to repro using Elidey's info

1. Place down a bedroll
    2. Reach level 2 (No points in anything)
    3. Make yourself hungry (either waiting or using "buff messmeup" in console)
    4. Locate a snake or spawn one in using F6 menu with DM enabled
    5. Let snake kill you (I found it doesn't have to be a snake though)
    6. On the screen where you select option to revive, hold shift + W
    7. While having the keys still pressed, click "Spawn on my bed"

You will respawn while sprinting and the food bar is not full

video: https://imgur.com/a/C3WsRgs

logs: https://pastebin.com/bCxd5tXX