• Can't Repair/Upgrade Blocks

ZorxaTF
    • Version: A21.1 STABLE

Summary: (A short description of the bug)

Game Version: A21.1 B16

OS/Version: Windows

CPU Model: Intel i7-6700k

System Memory: 32 GB

GPU Model and VRAM: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Video Settings: Ultra

Game mode: Single Player and Multiplayer (Host) [I tested this on both types]

Did you wipe old saves? (Yes/No)

No

Did you start a new game? (Yes/No)

No

Did you validate your files? (Yes/No)

No

Are you using any mods? (Yes/No)

Yes

EAC on or off?

Off

Bug Description:

When attempting to repair a block, holding the right mouse button to repair or upgrade the block produces no result. You can see the little arrow icon change from a down arrow to an up arrow with the Stone Axe when holding the Right Mouse Button but repair/upgrade does not occur.

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) Craft a Stone Axe

2) Craft any block and place it

3) Damage the block then attempt to repair it with the typically required materials in your inventory (Such as wood for a wood block)

Actual result: No repairs/upgrades are made. Arrow icon changes to an up arrow and nothing else occurs.

Expected result: Block is repaired using required materials in inventory.

Link to Pastebin Output Log:

(Paste bin wouldn't work for some reason... So I uploaded it to my google drive and made it accessible)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jzbTU3D_xP0BwIGxjB-53ATDF2svKB_O/view?usp=sharing

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thank you for reporting.

I see that the errors that are in your output log are caused by the mods you have installed.  Most likely the issue with upgrading is also caused by the mods.  Please see if you get the same issue without any mods installed.  

If you only have the issue with mods installed,  please ask the mod creator for assistance.

Edited by chikorina (see edit history)

After removing all mods and running a fresh game world the issue has been resolved. Thank you for the assistance! (I wish I understood half that error jargon)

I am having the exact same problem since the new A 21.1 update. i cant upgrade or repair any blocks with any of the upgrade tools such as stone axe or nail gun. i have the mods "improved hordes" and "unneseceraly beautiful but immersive" installed. i'm wondering if you were able to find and fix the problem

I've looked at both mine and your error logs and it seems to be the mod "Improved Hordes" that seems to be causing all of the errors and maybe even the block-upgrade problem

33 minutes ago, Finnick5155 said:

I am having the exact same problem since the new A 21.1 update. i cant upgrade or repair any blocks with any of the upgrade tools such as stone axe or nail gun. i have the mods "improved hordes" and "unneseceraly beautiful but immersive" installed. i'm wondering if you were able to find and fix the problem

I've looked at both mine and your error logs and it seems to be the mod "Improved Hordes" that seems to be causing all of the errors and maybe even the block-upgrade problem

You need to talk to the person who made the mod that is causing the problem. Most likely they need to fix something in their mod and provide an updated version.

. . . and in my case it was "MPLogue_Prefabs_A21". Removing the mod fixed the issue; the only files that (I think) could have caused this problem were in it's "Assets" folder - six "VolumeFog01xxx/04 unity3d files. The 'xxx's are colors.