• NullReferenceException

Esynthia

Summary: When loading into a friend's game, once I hit the "Creating Player" loading screen, the command window pops up with a NullReferenceException error. This only happens when loading into this particular game. I can load into other games she has fine and into my own games fine. A mutual friend can also load into the same game that is giving me issues without a problem. She did reboot from an old save to try and see if that would fix it, but as it gives her and our mutual friend no issues, I didn't want her to fully wipe the game. I have been playing on this particular game with her for 4-5 months, give or take with no issues.

Game Version: A20.5

Platform: Steam

OS/Version: Windows

CPU Model: Intel Core i7-6700HQ (Hers: AMD Ryzen 5 5500U)

System Memory: 16GB (Hers: 20GB)

GPU Model and VRAM: nVidia GeForce GTX 950M, 128MB (Hers: 2048MB)

Screen Resolution: I play in 16x9 windowed mode (Hers: Same)

Video Settings: Medium (Hers: Same)

Game mode: MP client (game with issue is on MP host)

Did you wipe old saves? No

Did you start a new game? No

Did you validate your files? Yes

Are you using any mods? Yes

EAC on or off? Unsure

Bug Description: "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) Open game via steam by either being invited to play with her or right clicking and selecting "join game"

2) Wait for loading to finalize

3) "Creating Player" causes command box to pop down and produces error

Actual result: https://pastebin.com/kRmHfCJT

Expected result: To be able to fully load into the host game.

Thanks for the help in advance!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thank you for reporting.

It looks like your player data on that server is corrupted. 

The easiest way to fix the issue will be to have your files on the server deleted (.TTP  .MAP  .TTP.BAK). 

This will set your reset your character on the server,  so you will be back to being level 1,  but you should be able to join again. 

I have the same problem, but local as well. I am not able to start 7D2D at all anymore since the last update. Nothing works, even complete wipe and new installation brings up the same error.

And to be honest, nobody helps, and it is frustrating.

16 minutes ago, Binoxius said:

I have the same problem, but local as well. I am not able to start 7D2D at all anymore since the last update. Nothing works, even complete wipe and new installation brings up the same error.

And to be honest, nobody helps, and it is frustrating.

Instead of posting under something that is already dismissed as not a bug it might help you more if you actually made a new thread in "General Support" and asked for help. 

First thing to try: Start the game launcher, change to the tools tab, select the clear... option and check all boxes. This wipes all configuration, including saves, worlds and your character