• countrytown_business_01 has two containers that are potentially "unreachable"

NekoPawtato

Summary: countrytown_business_01 has two containers that are potentially "unreachable". I say this in quotes because with enough time and effort, you can access anything that isn't land claim blocked or within trader area.

Game Version: Alpha 20.2 b2

Platform: PC

OS/Version: Windows 10

CPU Model: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300HQ CPU @ 2.30GHz

System Memory: 8GB

GPU Model and VRAM: AMD Radeon R9 M275X (4075MB?)

Screen Resolution: 1280x720

Video Settings: Potato (Low)

Game mode: SP

Did you wipe old saves? Not since A20.0

Did you start a new game? Not since A20.1

Did you validate your files? Yes

Are you using any mods? No

EAC on or off? Off

Bug Description:

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) Go to countrytown_business_01

2) Turn on godmode and clip into the space between the ceiling and the roof

3) Try and figure out how the player is suppose to access this space

Actual result: There are two containers between the ceiling and the roof that seem to be "unreachable"

I say this in quotes because with enough time and effort, you can access anything that isn't land claim blocked or within trader area.

From what I've seen in other POI's most containers "look" unreachable but can usually be accessible fairly easily, such as a secret path elsewhere in the POI, or a fake/weakened block that gives you access. However I found no such thing in this case

There is a weapons bag that is viewable behind a 1000hp grate (check the ceiling after entering through the main door)

QPxe9WF.jpg

and a sports bag behind another 1000hp grate (note: I had to nerd pole to even get close enough to this sports bag, this is located in the back of the POI by all the racks)

X4IuIzS.jpg

All the wood blocks surrounding these containers are 500hp. I found maybe 2 blocks in the ceiling that was only 100hp nearby, but it's not obvious which ones they are without hitting every block, and even then it would require nerdpoling to get up there after the 100hp block is destroyed, so I feel like these 100hp blocks might actually just be easy exits for when you finally get into this space (after much block breaking)

6UbUZ3H.jpg

I thought maybe I could get access from the roof, but all I found was 1000hp roof tiles. Didn't see any weak roof tiles I could break in from

fSBGUQ8.jpg

Expected result: Access to these two containers should be easier. I don't think the intention is to break through 500-1000hp blocks.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I can check with level design, but typically those decisions are made intentionally. Many other POIs have worse loot behind 500hp blocks, and hidden loot is normally intended for the player to have to work a bit for.

IMO This is fine. First case you can get tricky breaking the 500hp ceiling and the other is real easy to break the 500hn wall block there to get to the other bag. Either case 1000hp isn't really hard to get rid of, if they were surrounded by 6000 or 10000hp blocks I's be a little mad about it.

4 hours ago, Jugginator said:

IMO This is fine. First case you can get tricky breaking the 500hp ceiling and the other is real easy to break the 500hn wall block there to get to the other bag. Either case 1000hp isn't really hard to get rid of, if they were surrounded by 6000 or 10000hp blocks I's be a little mad about it.

Does POI tier change any considerations on this? Like if it's a tier 1 POI then would 1000 be considered a lot for early game players? (I can't check to verify POI tier for this, unfortunately my laptop pretty much bricked itself today...and I wanted to see how long it would take to break 2 500hp block with lv1 axe and no miner 69er)

21 hours ago, NekoPawtato said:

Does POI tier change any considerations on this? Like if it's a tier 1 POI then would 1000 be considered a lot for early game players? (I can't check to verify POI tier for this, unfortunately my laptop pretty much bricked itself today...and I wanted to see how long it would take to break 2 500hp block with lv1 axe and no miner 69er)

Oh no! If you want help to try to save it from death, post something in General Support.

You technically only need to break down one 500hp wood block in both cases, which takes just a few seconds as a level 1 with a level 1 or 2 stone axe. I will still make sure this is intended, but you don't need to break the 1000hp blocks nor destroy more than one 500hp block to get them for being crafty, which IMO is good to reward players for being crafty.

Here's a short video

14 hours ago, Jugginator said:

Oh no! If you want help to try to save it from death, post something in General Support.

You technically only need to break down one 500hp wood block in both cases, which takes just a few seconds as a level 1 with a level 1 or 2 stone axe. I will still make sure this is intended, but you don't need to break the 1000hp blocks nor destroy more than one 500hp block to get them for being crafty, which IMO is good to reward players for being crafty.

Here's a short video

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think 7days was what killed it xD I managed to get it back up and running by reinstalling windows, but the issue would still occur until I go into safe mode and disable the graphics driver, so I suspect it's dying hardware (this laptop is about 7 years old) and it's about time I get a new one anyway so my friends are helping me build a desktop (which will be my first desktop, as all I've ever had before were laptops!)

Regarding the POI -- i wasnt sure if "nerdpoling" to reach the containers was considered "cheating" in this case or not, but if it's intended then I guess 500hp isn't a big deal early game :) thanks for the video.

Hey we've got a nice group of people over in general support that wouldn't mind helping even if it's not 7 days that caused it. 

You could always try using DDU to uninstall the driver in safe mode then install a new one to start. Glad you're getting help building a new rig now. If you can't afford a gpu atm, grab a ryzen 3 or 5 with "g", thier integrated graphics do the job well. Won't be able to play with high graphics but it can handle 7 days. Just make sure you get 32gb of good ram, or at least 16.