• Demolishers showing up early

W3REWOLFE

Summary: During our day 28 blood moon we had demolishers show up. Our game stage was less than 100.

Game Version: a20.4

Platform: Steam

OS/Version: Windows 

CPU Model: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz   2.30 GHz

System Memory: 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)

GPU Model and VRAM: nVidia GeForce RTX 3060

Screen Resolution: (width and height)

Video Settings: Medium- High 

Game mode: Paid server from Pingperfect

Did you wipe old saves? No

Did you start a new game? No

Did you validate your files? Yes

Are you using any mods? Yes

EAC on or off? off

Bug Description: Demolishers showed up on our blood moon before they should have according to the wiki and gamestage.

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1)

2)

3)

Actual result: Demolishers are showing up during our blood moons

Expected result: Not to have demolishers show up till the proper time

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

A couple possibilities:

Well after two levels gained during the blood moon we are both at game stage of 106. Each. No one else is playing on our server. Unless it counted the drones

We will at minimum need the output log for each client and the dedi server, and if you can reproduce the issue in a vanilla game with no mods, screenshot of your gamestage AND the output log from that session would be useful information.

Also can you post your gamestages.xml and spawning.xml from your modded dump configs?

On Windows (For clients) :

1. Win+R (Paste this into the box):  %APPDATA%\7DaysToDie\Saves\
    2. Navigate to the folder in the following format:  [MAP NAME]\[GAME NAME]\ConfigsDump

Thanks for the additional info in advance!

Well all this happened on a Pingperfect server so i have nothing client side that coincides with the instructions you posted. I did download the file contents off of the server in a zip file...but i cant find a way to add it to the comments. Should i email it somewhere?

Do you know how long the files would go back? Cause afterwards i started having issues which was fixed by updating the server to 20.5, so i would think that the info i just downloaded would be recent and after the update. Unsure if that would screw up any possible information yall would need. 
    Im afraid to mess with the server, like turning on cheat menu to change day and such to give it a test to repeat it as well. It might be a couple of weeks but my buddy and i can try to get to the next bloodmoon and see if we get demolishers again.

Your initial post indicates A20.4, is that the version you are using or are you on the latest Public build A20.5 b2?

If you're on A20.5 b2 and still experiencing this issue in a vanilla game (with no mods -- We can't account for changes made by running mods), please upload the contents of the log files on your PC per the instructions here, specifically the Pastebin section:

Thank you!

Yeah the issue happened when we were playing the 20.4 version, then afterwards we started having issues with the drones, causing major lag and such so we updated to 20.5. I can definitely open another post if need be, but i know that the mods we had were for QoL stuff like backpack size and stack size of other items, nothing that should affect the zombies.

We just upgraded and we will have to play some to get to the next blood moon. So as of now no we are not having issue, but unsure cause no bloodmoon

<entitygroup name="feralHordeStageGS147">
    		zombieTomClarkRadiated, .41
    		zombieYoRadiated, .38
    		zombieJoeRadiated, .52
    		zombieDemolition, .15
    		zombieJoe
    		zombieFatCopFeral, .75
    		zombieBikerFeral, .77
    		zombieJanitor
    		zombieSpiderRadiated, .23
    		zombieMaleHazmatFeral, .83
    		zombiePartyGirlFeral, .96
    		zombieJanitorRadiated, .54

(106 * 1.0) + (106 * 0.5) = 159

On 6/6/2022 at 6:26 PM, W3REWOLFE said:

we are both at game stage of 106

Unless you can show your gamestages with a demo spawn that the group GS is less than 147 it's not a bug. Could be bad XML's from the server, but by code it's impossible and both being 106 gamestage is well over the threshold for demo zombies.

Edited by Jugginator (see edit history)

Well definitely a surprise, mightve been something new, but remember being similar level and days with no demos. But if its what we are to expect from here on out its good to know now.