• Vehicle teleport randomly in self hosted multiplayer sessions

Call me Andy

Hoi,

we're actually playing on my self hosted server with up to 6 ppl and our vehicles teleport around like insane. Sometimes you just go get some bottles of water come back and within the 300 meters and 1 min driving while others were at home, the vehicles flip out of the garage - under the map or above it - really irritating.

Had no other bugs which made it horrible or whatever, but when the vehicles bug away while you're doing your quest and your car is inside a T5 building causing you to death or blocking a path. It's unplayable for us at the moment.

I really hope you get the wrong data running again and we all can keep playing since A20 is unbelievable massive - we're really hyped for everyday of playing ❤️

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thanks for your post, but this is Known Issue.  Please read through this pinned topic, and if you are able to provide additional information for reproduction can update the original ticket.  So far this bug has a sporadic nature to it, and has been elusive in a solid reproduction to pinpoint whats causing it.  

10 hours ago, cheebsco said:

Thanks for your post, but this is Known Issue.  Please read through this pinned topic, and if you are able to provide additional information for reproduction can update the original ticket.  So far this bug has a sporadic nature to it, and has been elusive in a solid reproduction to pinpoint whats causing it.  

Same here, I opened a thread the other day with some info:

I'll try to provide logs but if someone from the tech staff can point out whether you need the logs from the host, from a client or both plus stopping the game as soon the error happens or let it run a bit more and so on, it would be fine and I will cooperate to fix this annoying thing asap as it's the worst bug I faced so far.

As tech lead (I work on web, not in games) I understand the importance of bug tracking and I understand logs are the source of truth for games so I would suggest to invite someone from TFP tech team to the party. It happened so many times that I'm sure it will be a matter of minutes to experience it, if you find it reasonable please, send me a message and I'll provide my discord and a time span that can fit for both.

Have a great day

7 minutes ago, DonDregon said:

Same here, I opened a thread the other day with some info:

I'll try to provide logs but if someone from the tech staff can point out whether you need the logs from the host, from a client or both plus stopping the game as soon the error happens or let it run a bit more and so on, it would be fine and I will cooperate to fix this annoying thing asap as it's the worst bug I faced so far.

As tech lead (I work on web, not in games) I understand the importance of bug tracking and I understand logs are the source of truth for games so I would suggest to invite someone from TFP tech team to the party. It happened so many times that I'm sure it will be a matter of minutes to experience it, if you find it reasonable please, send me a message and I'll provide my discord and a time span that can fit for both.

Have a great day

@madmole

@DonDregon The output logs help.  The more logs the better, and because this is a client and server case, both would be appreciated. They give us clues as to where things go wrong.  With this specific bug, we need a reproduction.  We haven't gotten a reproduction yet.  What steps does a player do, or environmental variables are in place, in order for us to see it.

16 hours ago, cheebsco said:

@DonDregon The output logs help.  The more logs the better, and because this is a client and server case, both would be appreciated. They give us clues as to where things go wrong.  With this specific bug, we need a reproduction.  We haven't gotten a reproduction yet.  What steps does a player do, or environmental variables are in place, in order for us to see it.

We were playing yesterday and I realised the following:

Acting as a host and a player at the same time, if I don't move (I let the server opened, the character staring inside our house while I was eating something for dinner) no issues happened with the vehicles.

After that I picked the gyrocopter to explore a bit while a friend of mine was looting some houses with the 4x4 and the issue came back.

I'll try to do the test and get the logs for both cli (one or more) and server today (I've a question on that that I'll place below).

I don't really know how the vehicle tracking system works nor the logic that applies to the data flow to handle it (If anyone can provide the algorithms and logic would be fine to spot conception issues on there maybe).

My question about the logs is that if I'm both host and cli, do I have both logs or just one logfile with all the content inside? 

I did not check if there are 2 processes for that while gaming (one process handling the server and another handling the client) or 1.

Just now, DonDregon said:

We were playing yesterday and I realised the following:

Acting as a host and a player at the same time, if I don't move (I let the server opened, the character staring inside our house while I was eating something for dinner) no issues happened with the vehicles.

After that I picked the gyrocopter to explore a bit while a friend of mine was looting some houses with the 4x4 and the issue came back.

I'll try to do the test and get the logs for both cli (one or more) and server today (I've a question on that that I'll place below).

I don't really know how the vehicle tracking system works nor the logic that applies to the data flow to handle it (If anyone can provide the algorithms and logic would be fine to spot conception issues on there maybe).

My question about the logs is that if I'm both host and cli, do I have both logs or just one logfile with all the content inside? 

I did not check if there are 2 processes for that while gaming (one process handling the server and another handling the client) or 1.

As extra info, it's 10K pregen map (check the post of mine). Can it be a path in the logic where it missmatch coords from an object with another or maybe a combination of 2 facts: if it checks every X seconds the last position plus the position update goes wrong, it can "reset it" to the last known position but using the X:Y:Z coords wrong, maybe some decimal or the tipical bug using parseFloat?

float f = float.Parse(s, CultureInfo.InvariantCulture);

where if you don't set InvariantCulture, it will apply point or comma depending on the culture of the client (just to add some ideas).