• A20.1 desktop crash

Suzaku666

Yesterday after new update to A20.1 game crashes to desktop in random circumstances. 
    The mostly often when I was started to dig(once only touched the ground with drill; another couple times when ground block was suposed to brake; also when I was flying with helicopter; and when i was jumping from 1st floor of base in the midair)...
    After those irritating attempts I've updated graphic drivers and it helped for like... 10 minutes? 
    After that tried go back to old version of the game, and steam went crazy with blocking the files verification. The problem with steam was appeared when antivirus was active. After update to A20.1 antivir added exe files to quarantine, thats why steam was not able to finish verification. 
    Everything ended with game reinstaling, deleting antivirus and setting the game version to A20...
    Help please ;_;  Some kind of fix or something ,_,

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

please read Hated's post on making a usable report.

far more info and output logs are needed as well.

click on the red or blue banner above or link below to see what is needed.

:)
    QA Tester-unholyjoe

Summary: A20.1 desktop crash(edited)

Game Version: A20.1

Platform: PC

OS/Version: Windows 10

CPU Model: Intel i5 4670K @ 3.40GHz

System Memory: 32GB

GPU Model and VRAM: AMD RX 570 4 GB ASUS STRIX

Screen Resolution: 1920x1080

Video Settings: Ultra / Custom 

Game mode: MP client RWG 8K pregen

Did you wipe old saves? - No (I've forgot)

Did you start a new game? - Yes

Did you validate your files? - Yes

Are you using any mods? - No

EAC - on 

Bug Description:

After new update to A20.1 game crashes to desktop in random circumstances. 
    The mostly often when I was started to dig(once only touched the ground with drill; another couple times when ground block was suposed to brake; also when I was flying with helicopter; and when i was jumping from 1st floor of base in the midair)...
    After those irritating attempts I've updated graphic drivers and it helped for like... 10 minutes? 
    After that tried go back to old version of the game, and steam went crazy with blocking the files verification. The problem with steam was appeared when antivirus was active. After update to A20.1 antivir added exe files to quarantine, thats why steam was not able to finish verification. 
    Everything ended with game reinstaling, deleting antivirus and setting the game version to A20...
    Today i've try to another change of version and it still crashes, problem is still on.

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) mostly often - digging - last hit when single block was gonna break

2) digging - 1st touch of the drill

3) while flying helicopter after ~100m

4) midair when falling from 1st floor

5) on different server problem occurred while i first hited block with fire axe

Actual result: Game crash into desktop

Expected result: Avoid game crash

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/3f1pg2Pc

Might want to remove the mod. Just nuke the Mods folder.  It fails to load because you installed it wrong, but still...

Your log also looks like it shows normal exit. Just loaded it up and went back out again.

2 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

Might want to remove the mod. Just nuke the Mods folder.  It fails to load because you installed it wrong, but still...

Your log also looks like it shows normal exit. Just loaded it up and went back out again.

Ok i've checked other server without whole MODS folder.. Game still crashes after hitting stone with stone axe...  So it's not it 😕

It's a link to our internal ticket for cross-reference with the rest of the QA team. I'll let you know if a workaround happens before the issue is corrected.

@Suzaku666

If you edit your boot.config file in your game directory (.../7 Days to Die/7DaysToDie_Data) to remove the following lines, do the crashes persist?

gfx-enable-gfx-jobs=1
    gfx-enable-native-gfx-jobs=1

2 hours ago, TSBX said:

@Suzaku666

If you edit your boot.config file in your game directory (.../7 Days to Die/7DaysToDie_Data) to remove the following lines, do the crashes persist?

gfx-enable-gfx-jobs=1
    gfx-enable-native-gfx-jobs=1

Without those lines i'm not able to join to any server due EAC file integration or even to my host save 😕

Zrzut ekranu 2022-01-25 011809.png

@Suzaku666 Can you try running the game without EAC [Run the Launcher from double clicking the game in Steam, uncheck Use EasyAntiCheat(EAC)] and then follow the below steps to attempt to reproduce? Thank you for your help.

1. Open utility_celltower_01 in the Prefab Editor

2. Playtest

3. Grab the Admin Digger from the Pink Cube

4. Collapse the cell tower

5. Observe the Unity Engine Crash

@TSBX
    OK. So, there is something. 
    I did as you told. I've repeat whole process loading the tower 3 times. Everything falls and dissmantles normally each time.
    BUT, after that I decided to turn on the EAC(dont know if its nessesary to switching it off to work with editors) and do the steps one by one. Tower falls to the ground and ive started to shoot the building - after 3 blocks - game crashed as usuall...