• Unable to play game due to EAC and Windows 11 error

Boothulu

Log:

7Days Log - Pastebin.com

Summary: Unable to launch game with EAC enabled, if I disable EAC game will launch but I will be unable to join any servers that use EAC. Error message stating I can't use EAC with Windows 11

Game Version: 20.4

Platform: Steam

OS/Version: Windows 11

CPU Model: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X

System Memory: 48GB

GPU Model and VRAM: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080

Screen Resolution: 2460x1440 144 HZ

Video Settings: Ultra

Game mode: MP client

Did you wipe old saves? Yes

Did you start a new game? Yes

Did you validate your files? Yes

Are you using any mods? No

EAC on or off? If on will not load, if off game boots

Bug Description: When I launch 7 Days I will get the error message in the screenshot. Due to me having Windows 11 EAC will not run. If I disable EAC then the game will boot, but then I am not able to join any multiplayer servers that use EAC. This error comes up every time I launch the game. It doesn't matter if I use the launcher, straight from Steam, or if I run the .exe from the 7 days folder

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) Start the game

2)

3)

Actual result: A Windows error screen pops up starting that I can't run the game with EAC active until someone patches the error. If I disable EAC then the game will load but I will be unable to join any servers that use EAC.

Expected result: I hope to get the game to run when EAC is active so that I can play the game again

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi @Boothulu,
    Sorry to hear you're experiencing that. Thanks for providing the log for us, however we could use a little more information.

Please try to run with EAC on again and upload a new output log as well as the loader.log from the location below. Thanks for your help!

"AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\logs\loader.log"

On 4/29/2022 at 4:11 PM, TSBX said:

Hi @Boothulu,
    Sorry to hear you're experiencing that. Thanks for providing the log for us, however we could use a little more information.

Please try to run with EAC on again and upload a new output log as well as the loader.log from the location below. Thanks for your help!

"AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\logs\loader.log"

I tried typing that in and I get an error saying it cant be located =\

3 minutes ago, Boothulu said:

I tried typing that in and I get an error saying it cant be located =\

Looked around and founf the correct syntax. 1st link is the launder.log the second one is my most recent output log

https://pastebin.com/u6Vt5pvx

https://pastebin.com/CFk9mGrg

Your output log is showing you as being on Windows 10, was that the correct file?

2022-04-28T15:47:22 0.108 INF    OS: Windows 10  (10.0.22000) 64bit

Out of curiosity did you do an in-place upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11? Thanks.

EDIT: Also could you provide your loader.log file from %APPDATA%\Roaming\7DaysToDie\logs of your latest attempt to start the game with EAC on?

Edited by TSBX (see edit history)

https://pastebin.com/MSZ5bi7m

That is the launcher.log that I just tried to run with EAC turned on. My output log did not update.

As far as updating windows yea I had Windows 10 and I did an update, windows notified me I could upgrade to 11 so I did. 7 days was working fine on Windows 11 until 20.4 came out. That same day it was released I began to get that error message.

Also Im not sure if its worth noting, but I have a laptop that I use for work. I tried running 7 days on that and it does give me the same error message, but the game will still launch despite the error message

Laptop windows 11. Also error messages but starts.

Tower windows 11. Get the error message game starts. However it crashes 50% of the time joining a server due to encrytion fault. 

We had a fix roll out on the EAC module end.
    Does this issue persist?

If so, please provide an outputlog from the current EXP version.

Thank you!

Hi @Boothulu could you kindly start a new attempt and provide the following files from your logs folder for that particular attempt?

loader.log

launcher.log

anticheatlauncher.log

and of course your output log.

Thanks a bunch.

They should be in the same folder as your output logs and the Launcher log.

%APPDATA%\7DaysToDie\logs

Thanks again for your continued assistance.

I just tried running the game and this is a current screenshot of the logs that are generated. Only output and launcher =\

Sorry for the delay.

7d2dlogs.thumb.jpg.2cf06b3b165ea6a877273f4673e60f39.jpg

Well neither, I just hit play from steam. BUT, if I browse tot he local files I can run 7DaysToDie.exe and it loads (without EAC turned on so I can't join any games). OOOOOH!!! BUT if I run 7DaysToDie_EAC.exe it runs AND I can load into my multiplayer games. I just have to deal with an error windows that say:

Only a single instance of Easy Anti-Cheat launcher is allowed to run at any given time.

I'm glad to hear you're able to get back into action! Could I have an instance of your logs for a successful connection please after running from 7DaysToDie_EAC.exe? @Boothulu

Thanks a ton.

Ok so running the game from the 7DaysToDie_EAC.exe link I was able to start the game and play, however my logs did not update. I just tried running from Steam again and it still won't launch but my launcher.log did update. Here is the pastebin for it

https://pastebin.com/1ePU84iA

My output log however did NOT update, it shows the most recent file is from 5/10/2022