• Storage Container not working

lafata99
    • Version: b316

Summary: After updating server and client to b316  storage containers are giving an error unknown.  When logging into server get an error for the wood container the base game containers.  The containers are there just missing the labels for them and when looting them it errors out saying the entity doesn't exist.  I am able to craft the containers but cant place them get the same error.  It also sends a bunch of errors to the server which looks like it is a memory issue and eventually crashes.  

Game Version: (V1.0 b316)

OS/Version: (Windows)

CPU Model: (Intel i9 13900K)

System Memory: (32 GB)

GPU Model and VRAM: (nVidia RTX 3080 10 GB )

Screen Resolution: (2560 x 1440)

Video Settings: ( Ultra )

Game mode: (Client on Dedicated server)

Did you wipe old saves? (Yes/No) no

Did you start a new game? (Yes/No) no

Did you validate your files? (Yes/No) I believe i tried to update the server files multiple times to make sure. 

Are you using any mods? (Yes/No) Yes but nothing that adds or changes the storage containers but an increased stack size. 

EAC on or off? on i believe 

Bug Description: Storage containers unknown 

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) Log into game 

2) Get error for containers but lets me move around

3) Click to loot containers

4) Get error message and server gets a bunch of errors and crashes the server. 

Actual result: (description of what is occurring)

Game send errors for containers on client side and server side. 

Expected result: (what you expect to occur)

Containers should be lootable and placeable. 

Link to Pastebin Output Log:

https://pastebin.com/kUchDZ6q  - client output log

https://pastebin.com/ZZRd8LNK - reoccurring server error

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

It is a new loot group used on the yellow loot drop bag zPackReg in loot.xml.

I think one of the mods may have added it and is now conflicting with my change.

Ok I found it thank you I edited it and it is working now thank you.  I changed it the groupZpackReg05 and it seems to be working.  If you wanted to know it is server side weapons that adds drops to zombie loot bags. 

On 7/12/2024 at 1:25 AM, lafata99 said:

Ok I found it thank you I edited it and it is working now thank you.  I changed it the groupZpackReg05 and it seems to be working.  If you wanted to know it is server side weapons that adds drops to zombie loot bags. 

I am having this same bug - do you know what mod it was that made the issue for you? I have so many mods and going crazy looking for the one with the loot file that has the issue lol

8 minutes ago, ahtawulfa said:

I am having this same bug - do you know what mod it was that made the issue for you? I have so many mods and going crazy looking for the one with the loot file that has the issue lol

NVM I see you only have like 4 mods in the client log and the two that I have don't seem to have this loot group (the relics and rings) so I will have to do some more digging - feel free to delete!

37 minutes ago, ahtawulfa said:

NVM I see you only have like 4 mods in the client log and the two that I have don't seem to have this loot group (the relics and rings) so I will have to do some more digging - feel free to delete!

I am a moron :) I saw you stated server side weapons and thought that was just the type of mod (not the actual name) but lo and behold I actually have that mod in my stuff - so thank you so much!

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.