• Local VS Dedicated Server

SpaceKitties216
    • Version: 1.0 b333

Summary: I can join dedicated servers but I can not join local games with friends. (two different friends this has occurred) Also friends can not join me when I host local either

Game Version: V1.0 b333

OS/Version: Windows

CPU Model: Intel i7-11700K @ 3.60GHz

System Memory: 32GB

GPU Model and VRAM: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Screen Resolution: 3840 x 2160

Video Settings: High

Game mode: (MP host / MP client / SP / Client on Dedi) joining different local games hosted by friends

Map: Navezgane, Pregen(which one), or Random World Generation (seed name) various worlds

Did you wipe old saves? (Yes/No) Yes

Did you start a new game? (Yes/No) Yes

Did you validate your files? (Yes/No) Yes 

Are you using any mods? (Yes/No) No
    Did you try to reproduce without mods? (Yes/No) Not using mods

EAC on or off? This shows EAC on but I have tried it with it on and off

Bug Description: I can't join dedicated servers but I can not join local games with friends. (two different friends this has occurred) Also friends can not join me when I host local either

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug: 

1) trying to join a local game

2)

3)

Actual result: (description of what is occurring) After waiting on the "connecting to "name" world" for forever, it ends up saying "Lost Connection to Server" "Unable to establish a connection to the server"

Expected result: (what you expect to occur) I expect to be able to join friends games, especially when other friends are in their world! 

Link to Pastebin Output Log: 
    Mono path[0] = 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7Day - Pastebin.com 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thank you for reporting, I see from your logs that you have something custom in your command line argument

2024-08-03T09:15:25 0.092 INF Command line arguments: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie.exe +connect_lobby 109775242969306156 -force-d3d11 -nogs -logfile C:\Users\SpaceKitties\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\logs\output_log_client__2024-08-03__09-15-12.txt

Can you remove the +connect_lobby 109775242969306156 from wherever you have this set up and try again?

On 8/3/2024 at 11:31 AM, NekoPawtato said:

Thank you for reporting, I see from your logs that you have something custom in your command line argument

Can you remove the +connect_lobby 109775242969306156 from wherever you have this set up and try again?

Thank you. Sorry for the delay in response. I work 10 hour days Monday-Thursday. Any tips on how to find this? I didn't put that in there as far as I know. I only ever added and removed things from the Mods folder before the 1.0 release. I have removed all mods. 

17 minutes ago, SpaceKitties216 said:

Thank you. Sorry for the delay in response. I work 10 hour days Monday-Thursday. Any tips on how to find this? I didn't put that in there as far as I know. I only ever added and removed things from the Mods folder before the 1.0 release. I have removed all mods. 

No worries!

Are you launching the game from Steam (and not some kind of mod launcher)? If so, there's two places I'm aware of you could try checking

In Steam Library, right click the game and select Properties

Under General tab, do you have anything filled out in the Launch Options?

image.thumb.png.9d810920571f9da56489ec5e5b904ae9.png

If the text field is empty, try setting the dropdown to "Show game launcher" and then start the game to bring up the below popup and see if you have anything in "additional parameters" field

image.png.2d2b876a329ddbfdf9083b2d675fd378.png

5 minutes ago, NekoPawtato said:

No worries!

Are you launching the game from Steam (and not some kind of mod launcher)? If so, there's two places I'm aware of you could try checking

In Steam Library, right click the game and select Properties

Under General tab, do you have anything filled out in the Launch Options?

image.thumb.png.9d810920571f9da56489ec5e5b904ae9.png

If the text field is empty, try setting the dropdown to "Show game launcher" and then start the game to bring up the below popup and see if you have anything in "additional parameters" field

image.png.2d2b876a329ddbfdf9083b2d675fd378.png

I am using steam. I don't have anything listed in either of those locations. 

1 minute ago, SpaceKitties216 said:

I am considering uninstalling again. Using Revo to search for any remaining files. Restarting my computer and reinstalling after that. 

1 hour ago, SpaceKitties216 said:

I am considering uninstalling again. Using Revo to search for any remaining files. Restarting my computer and reinstalling after that. 

Hmm, how are you starting the game? Do you have a desktop shortcut, or are you launching it from the steam library? (i.e. the "Play" button), or some other method?
    image.png.30a15ef618684d35a46f40b9222bc0a0.png

If you're hosting a P2P game, ports 26900 TCP and 26900 - 26902 UDP need to be forwarded (well, they don't NEED to be, but not doing so has a high chance of this happening). Same for servers, the servers you were joining had ports forwarded properly, while your friends did not. Sometimes you can make a connection sometimes you can't, sometimes others can while you can't. Also, adding the game install folder and save folder to Defender/Security exclusions can help with that.

The Network Workaround option can also help.

General Support is a better place for this, and it also has stickied/pinned posts with further details on how to do all of this, if needed.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.