• b313 constanly stucks at Loading Particles -stage

Kallonkutistaja
    • Version: V1.0 b313

Summary: (A short description of the bug)

I had no issue with b312, but the b313 hotfix has caused a constant stuck at the Loading particles -stage, w/wo EAC, with the program files validated multiple times and so forth. Verifying informs of two issues which were reloaded, but with no change to the programs behavior.

Game Version: V1.0 b313

OS/Version: Windows 10 Home

CPU Model: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8600K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz

System Memory: 16,0 Gt

GPU Model and VRAM: nVidia GTX 1070 8 GB

Screen Resolution: 1920x1080

Video Settings: High

Game mode:  SP

Did you wipe old saves? No, now Yes

Did you start a new game? Yes at b312, but has been impossible for b313

Did you validate your files? Yes, multiple times on consecutive days

Are you using any mods? No

EAC on or off? On and Off, problem persists

Bug Description:

No problems with b312, but from the start of b313, the game has not been playable at all. Game start normally showing the Fun Pimps logo animation, then stucks at Loading particles -stage. The piano music starts normally, and doesn't stop, also reloops normally. The stuck doesn't resolve itself even in an hour of waiting. Usage of CPU and memory are minimal after the stuck.

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) Start the game

2) There it is.

3)

Actual result: (description of what is occurring)

it's stuck, and stays so.

Expected result: (what you expect to occur)
    The loading continues

Link to Pastebin Output Log:
    https://pastebin.com/WvT7Vpm0

•  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Your GPU driver is almost a year old. You need to update to the latest driver from Nvidia to fix GPU driver crashes. Be sure to use the Advanced/Custom install options and tick the box for "Perform a clean installation".

The log crashes due to a Unity error, so I would recommend that you follow these steps to resolve your issue.
    1. Exclude the client and save folders from security software. (Info)
    2. Fully refresh the client by deleting the game client folder, and then re-downloading via Steam. I would then go into properties and validate the files a few times just to be sure.
    3. Clean out old game data. Backup anything you want to keep first.
    4. Fully shut down your system. Leave it off for a few minutes, then turn it back on. Rebooting doesn't do much if Windows is configured for Fast Startup, and we want to be sure to do an actual restart.

Then try again with a newly created save and report the results.

Hello,

I have done what you asked me to do, and result was quite good.

Got the latest NVIDIA driver, installed it clean, made Avira ignore 7D2D game- and save-folders (by the way, the Avira-link you gave directs to MAC-instructions, not Windows), deleted the game folder and also savegame-folder, turned the computer off for a few minutes, re-downloaded from Steam, validated files twice, turned computer off again for a few minutes, and then started the game. Passed the "loading particles" stage, but it took some 4 minutes to do so. After that then smooth sailing. I started a whole new game session without problems, which also rolls quite normally.

Log file is  attached, and as far as I can see, a few yellow lines (tree falling bug, probably?) and a pair of red lines, but the program continued whole time smoothly.

I quit and restarted the game continuing the same game session, and it went without problems, the "loading particles" took agoin 3-4 minutes to pass, but nothing else abnormal.

Thank you very much. Just wondering how the problems manifested only now in b313 and not sooner in b312? But, it works now, so that's enough for me.

https://pastebin.com/mhFtBPRY

ok so i did all this and its still stops responding at loading particels at least theres game audio now 

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.