• Storage disappeared

Dume
    • Version: 1.0

Game Version: (V1.0 b333)

OS/Version: Xbox Series X 

Game mode: SP

Map: Pregen(04k2)

Bug Description:

Everything in 1 of my storage crates disappeared.

I finished a Tier 1 quest, quit game using pause menu because the UI was getting glitchy (im using M&K and controller has to stay on at the same time), restarted the game, went back to base to store loot and everything in 1 of my 3 storage crates was gone (raw materials).

I have a small base built next to trader rekt not near a poi.

I have a bedroll and land claim placed.

I'm sure I didn't misplace or drop these materials it was almost full and now there is 0 items in the crate.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Yeah, same thing happened to me. That’s happened to everyone else. Been playing the game since release about to hit day 20 come back to my base after gathering some resources trees iron or etc.. Get back to my base. Some of the storage chests name is gone and replaced with (…) and all the contents are gone really makes me not wanna play this game anymore. I hope they do something for compensation of my time because this is ridiculous.

Guest Robert smith

Posted

16 hours ago, faatal said:

That does not sound like the same issue with empty storage chests as the only thing changes with that bug is the loss of what was inside the chests. That sounds like chunks being reset. Chunks reset based on the Chunk Persistence setting unless there is a bed roll, land claim or players being in the area more often than the timer. Did you have any bedrolls or land claims near them? Did you place bed rolls in another area (there can be only one active)? What is persistence set to? Were both of you away from the area for an extended amount of time?

Is the Xbox 4GB update a patch to the glitch?

I see there is a fix in testing so not sure if this will help but.

This just happened to me.  It was a steel chest with a name.  I turned off zombies so I could dig all the way down to get that achievement (a single burning zombie spawned) then I went 2 biomes over to get an air drop and when I came back the storage chest was named (...) and everything was gone.  My base is next to the first trader.  Upon reset the storage chests name was fixed but everything still gone.

Guest Kikomaching2385

Posted

Just had this happen to us last night. Went out to complete the Joe fetch mission and came back to 3 out of 6 crates emptied with the error name {...} we are based up at Bob's boars and Carl's corn, base claim block was dropped as well if that info helps at all. I'm hoping when we get on again everything will be back. Wishful thinking ehh?

So yall couldn’t find a way to get us our @%$# back? I don’t understand why this would happen. Why wouldn’t yall make sure something like this wouldn’t happen. Of all the containers, the ones we name for a better organizational storage had to get deleted. Absolute bs and makes me not want to play this game I’ve waited years for. 

37 minutes ago, Guest Newt said:

So yall couldn’t find a way to get us our @%$# back? I don’t understand why this would happen. Why wouldn’t yall make sure something like this wouldn’t happen. Of all the containers, the ones we name for a better organizational storage had to get deleted. Absolute bs and makes me not want to play this game I’ve waited years for. 

Sorry, but the data seems to be gone, so there is no getting it back. It stinks, but games have bugs. This was a rare bug that required just the right timing between multiple threads for it to happen. Even when we knew exactly what we were looking for, we only saw it happen once between several different people testing just crates loading and unloading for hours.

Guest SurvivalCntnrmr

Posted

Does the new patch solve the problem of the storage box labels? As well as the missing contents inside them?

I'm waiting for 100% confirmation before starting a new game lol . Thanks a lot! 

Guest Support technician

Posted

I think I was affected by this because I lost about 14k dukes and could never find them again lmao. Oh well bugs happen, lighten up on the devs people, this sounded like a particularly nasty one.

cheers on the fix, I’m loving the game.

just lost like 8 boxes of loot and one of my friends quit the game so this is quite the inconvenience definitely might have to take a break and not play for a while…

Guest suggestion??

Posted

devs need to make it so we can load back saves of the game asap because yea i cant play this game when i just lost 6 boxes of my own loot, very very unmotivated 

Guest Sgt Game Hawk

Posted

2 hours ago, SnowJester said:

Has there been a resolution to this bug? I dont want to play a game where i lose my stuff!!

Fixed.  Make sure you are on Xbox version b334.

Don't wanna make a new post for this so hope someone can answer me here 😁.

One of my storage crates completely disappeared and I wonder if it's a bug or if it was my fault and how I should prevend it.

I accepted a quest from the trader, when I arrived at the poi I placed a storage chest outside on the street to put my stuff in because my inventory was about to be full.

I made sure it was placed on the street and not on the poi (although it was quite a small street between 2 poi's so it was quite close to the poi if that makes sense).

I was scared it was gonna disappear so after I started the quest I looked back to see if the crate was still there and it was so I thought I was good to go.

I completed the quest, put my loot in the crate and went to the trader to collect my reward. Immediately after collecting the reward I went back to the crate to take as much as possible to bring to my base, the crate was just gone.

The poi was also completely reset. (I made sure to put an "X" on my map where the crate was before collecting my reward to make sure I wouldn't lose it and I was at the correct location) anyone know what the problem is?

I play on ps5 btw

9 hours ago, rmfcd4m said:

Don't wanna make a new post for this so hope someone can answer me here 😁.

One of my storage crates completely disappeared and I wonder if it's a bug or if it was my fault and how I should prevend it.

I accepted a quest from the trader, when I arrived at the poi I placed a storage chest outside on the street to put my stuff in because my inventory was about to be full.

I made sure it was placed on the street and not on the poi (although it was quite a small street between 2 poi's so it was quite close to the poi if that makes sense).

I was scared it was gonna disappear so after I started the quest I looked back to see if the crate was still there and it was so I thought I was good to go.

I completed the quest, put my loot in the crate and went to the trader to collect my reward. Immediately after collecting the reward I went back to the crate to take as much as possible to bring to my base, the crate was just gone.

The poi was also completely reset. (I made sure to put an "X" on my map where the crate was before collecting my reward to make sure I wouldn't lose it and I was at the correct location) anyone know what the problem is?

I play on ps5 btw

i would make a new ticket for anyone still having issues they moved this one to fixed and probably aren’t checking it anymore.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.