• v1.0 (b336) - Distant objects don't face player but use player orientation.

ZehMatt
    • Version: 1.0 (b336)

It appears that distant objects such as trees don't face the player but rather apply the camera/player rotation which in my opinion is quite wrong and its a pretty common technique to make things look like they are 3d while they are technically just a sprite by always facing the camera/player. This seems to also affect to what is culled which is quite noticeable when it rains as the fog shows the shape of distant things, near the screen edge more things are visible than in the center which doesn't really make sense.

Here is an example, its a bit hard to follow but the tree in the center will change the orientation when the camera changes orientation.

So to me this is clearly wrong or a bug, the tree should face the player and not use the players rotation at all.

I think attaching a log is pretty useless as there is nothing to read about this bug in the log, if the log is absolutely required to track down this issue please let me know.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Yeah this is something that's been known for a while now, trees as a whole with that are on slate to be overdone. I'll bring this up in the next meeting and see where we're at with plans.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.