[REQUEST] Breaking the traders' limitations

Ashram

Please, someone can unlock the traders' limitations ?

I have a chest full of low level pistols, shotguns, compounds bows, but I can't sell more than 3 guns by week... I would like to be able to sell anything to the trader, without a limitation of 3 items by week...

(sorry if my english is bad)

i understand your frustration. but its realistic, supply and demand, if he has 8 pistols he doesnt need to buy any more. best way to solve this is to find multiple traders and mark them on your map, then sell some to each. as far as a mod that would allow you to sell more than he wants to take, that would take a bit of digging. it may be possible, but ive been through most of the files, and i dont recall seeing anything like that. i did mod the currency to be wood one time lol

Please, someone can unlock the traders' limitations ?

I have a chest full of low level pistols, shotguns, compounds bows, but I can't sell more than 3 guns by week... I would like to be able to sell anything to the trader, without a limitation of 3 items by week...

(sorry if my english is bad)

I'm looking into this, if I find a way to at least increase the limitation if not remove it I'll let you know

i understand your frustration. but its realistic, supply and demand, if he has 8 pistols he doesnt need to buy any more. best way to solve this is to find multiple traders and mark them on your map, then sell some to each. as far as a mod that would allow you to sell more than he wants to take, that would take a bit of digging. it may be possible, but ive been through most of the files, and i dont recall seeing anything like that. i did mod the currency to be wood one time lol

Under a normal economy that would be true, but lets try to think of this from a realistic standpoint since you're applying supply/demand: This is a zombie apocalypse. You can't have too many guns, especially for purpose of trading. Food and a means to defend yourself would probably be the most valuable resources, where as gold and silver would be essentially worthless since their value is purely perceived, and having something shiny is less important. Very few people would actually have the skills and tools necessary to make something useful out of them, and yet they are incredibly valuable in the 7DTD in game economy. No one would be demanding gold or silver over a loaded gun or a can of uninfected food.

---EDIT---

In traders.xml they have

-->

<!-- <trader_economy_limits>
	<item name="hazmatBoots" min="2" max="10"/>
	<item name="hazmatPants" min="2" max="10"/>
	<item name="ammoArrowStone" min="1" max="100"/>
	<item name="ammoArrowSteelAP" min="1" max="100"/>
</trader_economy_limits>

-->

When I uncomment this, I get an XML error saying that it doesn't recognize "trader_economy_limits", and since XML editing doesn't actually edit the code, it's just a list of alterable variables that the source code accesses to run calculations, I guess it means that they plan to implement it but the source coded doesn't have an actual ref to trader_economy_limits, and freaks out when we try to push that thru because it doesn't like getting extra data. We'll just have to check back every update, uncomment it, and then see if that breaks the game. If it doesn't we can play further, but for now it seems like that feature is beyond us.

Archived