Love Shared Party Experience but...

Aerial

...it seems unbalanced at the moment.

As a single player, if I kill a zombie I get 700 xp for a "normal" zed. If I'm in a 2-man party and we kill a "normal" zed, I get 629 xp. So just because we have 2 players, the value of the zombie is nearly doubled.

I feel like the shared experience should be much closer to (zombie xp value) / (number of players in party). That means my 2-man party would need to kill approximately twice as many for the same advancement, but that seems reasonable. We have twice the firepower and the bonus of being able to cover each other's backs.

...it seems unbalanced at the moment.

As a single player, if I kill a zombie I get 700 xp for a "normal" zed. If I'm in a 2-man party and we kill a "normal" zed, I get 629 xp. So just because we have 2 players, the value of the zombie is nearly doubled.

I feel like the shared experience should be much closer to (zombie xp value) / (number of players in party). That means my 2-man party would need to kill approximately twice as many for the same advancement, but that seems reasonable. We have twice the firepower and the bonus of being able to cover each other's backs.

Yep, I agree with this entirely. Leveling is insanely fast/unbalanced in multiplayer. Should divide the xp by the number of players sharing then give a small bonus like 20% maybe.

Archived