My thoughts of A17

splyncryth

Ill keep this short and sweet. I've not read everyone's posts on this subject matter so I may be repeating whats already been said.

What I like

Zombie hordes: Just focusing on zombie count, I like how there are more zombies. I've always envisioned zombies in groups shambling towards their dinner.

More content: Can't go wrong with more content.

What I don't like

No more head shots: It shouldn't take 3 arrows or multiple gun shots to the head to take down one, low HP, zombie. The amount of damage and resources needed to take down 1 zombie is disproportional to the number of zombies coming at you.

Ammo: In my first in game 7 days I've found over 200 rounds of 9mm. Guns should be a rare commodity while melee/self made weapons being the primary form of damage. IMHO I should always be worried im about to run out of ammo and have to go into the thick of things with my melee weapon.

Skill locks: So now I need to learn how to boil an egg? I now need to learn how to take a chunk of meat and lay it on hot coals? What? Out of the 5 games I've played until dying, 2 of those games I died from starvation all because my character didnt know how to prepare food.

Thoughts

If this game is going to turn into an endless wave of zombies advancing towards you then each zombie shouldn't be a tank. Better yet, there should me a zombie damage multiplier that correlates to the difficulty level. Guns and advanced weapons should be scares while melee and simple projectile weapons should be the primary form of combat. If this is to still be a crafting game then skill locks need to be removed. I thought the "learn from books" way of skill progression was a good idea. If somehow books and learning material where categorized by drop rarity, and location (book stores, libraries, schools, etc...), that would balance things out.

I know im forgetting some points. But that should be a good start.

I wish they change the things you told here. But I have given up on that few alphas ago. I did see so many player saying the same thing but it stays the same. That and some other things from before. (I started on alpha 8 or 9 not sure anymore) I have given up as well. I love the game and every new alpha is like 50%-50% for me now. Still hopeful for the future.

I wish they change the things you told here. But I have given up on that few alphas ago. I did see so many player saying the same thing but it stays the same. That and some other things from before. (I started on alpha 8 or 9 not sure anymore) I have given up as well. I love the game and every new alpha is like 50%-50% for me now. Still hopeful for the future.

Can the game be modded to a users liking? I know most spawn settings are in xml files. Can this be changed with simply changing the settings?

Archived