Help w/ Editing

MetroDetroitGaming

This is not exactly what you seem to want, but it does help with speeding up mini bike access and any other tech you want by removing the level restrictions on everything. It will not remove the attribute requirements for the skills, so you still have some grind to do, but you can spend your first 10 skill points all on Intelligence, or Strength, or whatever instead of having to wait till some unknown level to buy your next attribute point to unlock stuff.

Find this folder... \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Config

Put this file in it. https://www.dropbox.com/s/dyt7gp5iha3qms5/progression.zip?dl=0

Use the download button on the top right of the screen. I did not make this mod.

Something I did do that you aren't asking for directly is to change the timer on the near death penalty. In that same folder, look for buffs.xml and edit buffs.xml look for buffNearDeathTrauma do the search (control f), second listing of it, down about 3 lines below it, look for the duration=3600 and change it to something small, I'm using 20 since 0 made it last forever, 20 goes away before I fully spawn in anyway (slow computer). The problem with 0 is it starts a count up timer which might last forever. You can probably use 1, but I have not tried it. I have used 20 and that works for sure, but if you are continuing a game where you character has the debuff already, you will need to die again or ride out the remainder of your long debuff. That is a duration in seconds, it defaults to 3600, or 1 hour, or if you haven't change the game settings, 1 full day in game.

Weapon damage is fine as is. There are now skills and attributes and in game modifications you can use to get bonus damage.

Zed hearing range seems fine as is too. Stop using a gun with 4 bullets and use a bow, or melee until you can produce enough ammo to deal with the heat.

Encumbrance is manageable if you aren't plagues with the you suck so suffer debuff, so try not messing with that, and give it some time to grow on you. you can take more total things with you even starting out than you could before, but now we are penalized with movement speed for doing it which is a fair trade.

Archived