Tips for Improved Performance on a17 Beta

bigc90210

TIPS FOR IMPROVED FPS IN 7D2D A17:

1. When launching the game, press "Show Game Launcher"

2. When game launcher Window appears, Tick the box for "Show unity screen selector", Also tick "Exlusive Fullscreen Mode"

3. Press "Run and Save as Default"

4 When Unity Window Pops Up, ensure "Windowed is UN-Ticked", Select your chosen monitors resolution (or whatever resolution you want to play at)

5. In the Main menu options, ensure V-Sync is OFF (ive found I lose around 20fps with it on, and up to 30 with it on "Half").

OTHER Tips

- Set your screens resolution to whatever you want to play 7D2D at, BEFORE you launch the game

- If you change ANY settings in game, restart the game

- DONT use V-Sync, it seems to be poorly optimised at the moment

- Use F8 key in game to see your FPS

- In the Game Launcher, instead of Direct X 11, Try GL Core instead, in case you get better results

- I've found I get best results Full screen, but feel free to test windowed. If it runs like ♥♥♥♥ full screen, ensure "exclusive fullscreen" is ticked in the launcher.

----- IMPORTANT ------

I've found if you do NOT use the "Unity screen selector", despite everything in the options indicating that the game is running at 1080p on my 4k screen, it actually runs at 4k (so performance is hammered).

The above tips for me got my FPS up from around 32 steady to high 50's, so made a huge difference!

=== My System Specs ===

i7 6820K (8 Cores)

16GB DDR4

500GB PCIE SSD

GTX 1070

4K G-Sync Screen (Though I'm Playing in 1080p as mentioned above)

Archived