Help modding character movement speed

trmof

Does anybody know how to alter the default character movement back to how it was before the latest update? Specifically, not being able to run strafe is really ruining the game for me; instead of diagonal run-strafing at a 45 degree angle, you now run-strafe at this awkward 20 degree angle. It makes the controls feel completely broken. Not being able to run backwards is not as big a deal, but I could see it getting annoying fast.

It's the angle of the strafing that feels wrong. If you run at a diagonal, you run forward but you still walk sideways, so you end up going at this really tight acute angle instead of at 45 degrees. It just feels wonky. They should have averaged the speed between running and walking when you run and strafe simultaneously so that you still go at a 45 degree angle. It makes circle strafing while running feel like the controls are fighting you. The only other game I can remember that does this weird circle strafing angle is Dead Space, and it feels just as clumsy as that did.

Archived