Xbox One game crash

bshoop

I recently got the game and I've also made sure that my Xbox and the game itself are up to date. When I go to start the game it loads a black screen with the 7 Days to Die logo and then kicks me back to the home screen. I've also made a Reddit post about it on the 7 Days to Die reddit. Any help is appreciated

Link:

I downloaded the game. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, starting it with my Xbox in offline mode, and I've made sure I have plenty of storage space as well. My Xbox and the game are updated the their current versions too. I've seen reports of this happening, but that was with older versions and people just had to update their systems or games and it was fixed. I think it could possibly just be a bug with starting a new game and the Xbox not having any previous save data?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still having the same problem. I've checked for updates and there's nothing. The game keeps kicking me out when I have the black background with the logo. As far as I know I've done everything I can. Is there an official support email or some way to contact anyone besides the forums?

Unfortunately, the way things sit right now, I doubt you'll see much help from the dev's, as it has become pretty much a finger pointing blame game which is really too bad because this game had the potential to be great. However, with Telltale (the publishers of the console version) going out of business, I doubt you will see any response. The Fun Pimps, (who wrote the game and are responsible for the PC version), are out of the loop on this regardless of how they attempt to portray their involvement. The console version operates completely different from the PC version and I wouldn't be surprised if no one at TFP had a clue about how the console version operates.

For my part, all I can suggest are the following:

1-Make sure you reset/clear the cache on your xbox, (shut down completely and unplug for ten minutes-some say five. I don't hold much hope for this one but it doesn't hurt to try.)

2-With 7 days selected but not started try pressing the menu button (the three line button on your controller) and see if it brings up the game menu. If it does, try deleting all local saves and restart the xbox.

3-I am assuming you have an active xbox live account. So I would suggest you disconnect from the internet and try loading for a local game.

4-Contact who you purchased it from and ask for a refund. Unfortunately, this is the only likely solution and depending on who you bought it from, and their policy, you might get your money back.

As adept as The Fun Pimps are at creating a game for PC, I don't believe they have any clue how to deal with the mess that has been created here. It was painfully obvious early on that Telltale had no clue, and Iron Galaxy, who actually ported the game, appear even less concerned about the game than TFP.

Best of luck to you.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to try clearing the cache properly here's how. It might help.

1) With the Xbox turned on and on the dashboard, hold down the power button on the chasis. Keep your finger on the power button. After about 4 or 5 seconds the Xbox will perform a hard shutdown.

2) when it shuts down release your finger. You will hear the hard drive go crazy for a little while.

3) Wait for around a minute. The hard drive is wiping the cache files so leave it to do it's job. When it's complete the drive activity will stop.

4) Unplug the console for about 2 minutes.

5) Plug it in and restart the console. Fingers crossed the game will work again.

A lot of people miss the first 3 steps but it makes a difference. The first time you load the game after it may take a lot longer and sometimes not load at all. The same may happen with other games too. However it should be fine after.

Archived