Base erase

Lilhardy94

Base was erased was staying in a house with about 30 chests was pre fab house with placed chests I was running down road toward trader away from house when the ui started glitching and the game kicked me out and when I re entered game and after talking to trader when back to house it was reset back to day 1.

The 2 houses next to mine with other players chests were not reset only the house I was in and the player-made farm right beside my house was not reset and the upstairs in the house was also not reset: only the downstairs where all my chests were reset to day 1.

I was on day 20 when this happened. Great game, love it, slightly frustrating but I wanted to give all details so you guys can get this fixed. Thanks.

Sorry about your lost base. It sucks happened to me 3 or 4 times.

They will need this information as well. The more you give them the better it will help them figure out why its happening.

Also how far were you from your base? Sounds like you were playing multiplayer who was host ? Do you have upload and down load speeds ?

Claire will need this information. The more you give the better it will help.

Game Type:

Map Type:

Seed/Save Name:

Disk or Digital:

DLC:

Character:

Difficulty:♥

Run:

Aggression:

Day length:♥

Drop On Death:

Enemy memory:♥

Enemy Spawning:

Block durability:

Loot respawn time:

Loot abundance:

Airdrops:♥

24 hour cycle:♥

In-game Day:

Hi Lilhardy,

Thank you for providing that information (And thank you Vtelmo - got here just before me). From your description is sounds like you experienced an MD5 error on XB1, is this correct?

Is the upstairs of your house, where it was not reset directly above areas that were reset below, or is it to the side a bit?

Though you may already have information on the MD5 error, below is some info that may help you avoid future errors while we work on this issue:

To help avoid crashes which can lead to MD5 errors:

- Crash indicators: There are a number of indicators your might spot that a crash is coming. A menu flickering / not displaying (you may have noticed this in your inventory before a crash?) Animals not spawning correctly. A sudden extreme change in weather. - Shutting down immediately and clearing the cache of the console by unplugging for 5 mins and rebooting may help prevent crashes that lead to MD5 errors, however if not done once you see an indicator, you may still experience a crash.

- Timing: If you know how long it takes for a crash to build up, some players time and reset without a crash trigger occurring. (You mentioned you crash often, but is it after roughly the same amount of time for each crash?)

- Crash Factors: Some things may cause whatever is generating the crashes to build up faster. This can include large amounts of the map explored in a single session, or large modifications made. While I'm not saying to avoid these, as they are at the core of Gameplay, it is worth noting it make have an effect when watching for crashes. Player Ignoringmywife1 mentioned a friend of theirs has avoided MD5 errors by not digging within a few blocks of their chosen base too.

- Storage and Crafting clusters: Separating out crafting stations and storage has worked for some. It is also worth noting that players find that stations that are currently crafting / cooking when a crash occurs may be more likely to be hit. - This seems to be the most common form of MD5 error at the moment. If you believe something else could have been the focal point please let me know.

MD5 errors themselves:

While I understand it is not the most ideal method, players have discovered a way to workaround MD5s after a crash. This is an unofficial workaround, so caution is advised but players have found it to be quiet successful if done immediately after a crash - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?69218-Possible-work-around-and-or-solution-to-md5-crashes(base-wipes-resets)

It should be noted that once you see the results of an MD5 error it is already too late. The above workaround must be performed as soon as the crash occurs - checking to see if that crash resulted in an MD5 error will cause the game to auto-save and the workaround wont work as the XB1 save feature uploads exceptionally quickly to the cloud.

Hope that helps, if you've any questions I will do my best to answer them,

Clare

Archived