Zombie spawn issue

Ceol328

Private game

Psn

Seed name. outbreak

Day length 16 hrs

24 hr period is 60 mintestinal to 120 minutes.

Zombie spawn set at high and on scavenger

I am getting decent blood moon hordes, they start at 2200 and keep coming until 0600.

The problem is most of the time I will not see any zombies anywhere around a large area around my base. My base area is set up with my main base compound, the poi cabin with the forge a little bit away that is my work base bldg. Also, less than 1m away is my hub city base thar is right on the edge of the hub city.

A couple of days that I have played, around 4 to 5 real days, I have had small zombie hordes come thru however that was early on in the game, now I don't get any.

I also don't see any animals even though I don't hunt them.

Most of the time I am in the area except to loot the towns or to get supply drops. I always clear the gore blocks completely after killing and looting the zombies.

Hi Ceol328,

Thank you for submitting a bug report about this and answering my question from the other thread about the bodies.

To start, have you cleared your console cache recently? (shut down and unplug for 5 mins before rebooting) sometimes animal spawning, and to a greater extent, Zombie spawning can be effected by a full cache.

Please try that first if you have not done so already.

Something else that has worked for players with spawning issues, is changing the spawning setting down a level or two and playing for a few hours before switching it back up again. Some players also clear the cache when doing this.

If the issue persists, please let me know the following...

-What in-game day are you on?

-When did you notice this occurring?

-Have you traveled far for long periods from your base, or do you mainly stay in the same area?

-Do you have a lot of land claim blocks or old bedrolls laid down?

Thank you,

Clare

Archived