Fire !!!

Doomgaurd

Awwww yeahhh. Good ol' fire. I wish fire was in the game already! Like you said, being able to burn down an entire base (only if someone was stupid enough to make an entire base out of wood). I had some ideas for fire myself, if and when they implement it into the game: Flamethrower - You could craft it from a super soaker and a gas can with a torch on the end for ignition. Fire spreading - Fire should be able to spread in the game, for example if you dropped a torch on the ground it could spread to some tall grass, which would spread to more tall grass, eventually spreading to a forest and burning down an entire forest with your poor little log cabin in it. Block durability for fire - To add more realism, they should make it so stronger blocks will not burn up so easily. Wood frames would burn up in about 10 seconds, wood planks would burn up in 20 seconds, reinforced wood planks would burn in 30 seconds, metal reinforced wood would be 36, wood logs would be 40, grass would be 5, cloth would be 3, etc, Change settings for fire - There needs to be options for fire that you can change so it won't lag your computer if you have a sucky computer (like mine). Such as being able to change whether the texture for fire is Very Low, Low, Medium, High, or Very High. There should even be an option that says "None", meaning there wouldn't even be a fire animation, just the light. Also there would need to be settings to turn off smoke and other particle effects. Other traits that fire should have - Just a couple more ideas I had, such as making a camp fire in your house would be a very bad idea (unless your house was made out of brick or stone) because there should be a 25% chance for fire embers to land on your floor and burn your house down. Also walking in a campfire should hurt you, and touching (basically walking against) the hot surface of a forge should hurt you too.

+1 ... I honestly thought my forest was on fire the first night I saw the unearthly orange glow of Airdrops over the ridge near my base. I crapped myself imagining the forest on fire. Imagine turning a pine forest into a burnt forest biome :) fire spreading faster than we can run through the tree tops, only stopping at rivers.

Archived