Floating Inaccessible Minibike

Mantra_Maker

Found a bug that is not likely to be made to occur on accident. Anyway, when i was building a garage for the minibike i had already placed the bike on the ground and decided i wanted it to be on top of a block texture of some sort( i think i used concrete) i dug the area out 1 block down and was careful to make sure there was support all around so that the bike couldn't crash down( it probably should have anyways maybe you guys have a safeguard set up for that) but when i placed the block it didn't attach to the ground it's just kind of floating in the air and i can put gas in it, assemble it, lock it but it will not let me drive it. Sort of frustrating since it took a while to put it together but hey whatever what i did was senseless anyways lol. Is there a fix that you may know of?

No ideas about the how’s or why’s but if you can assemble the bike you should be able to take it apart and move it. Take all the parts out in to your inventory and then you can pick up the frame and reassemble on solid ground (sorry if that’s obvious and you’ve already tried it).

I’ve had to dig for bikes before but never climb for them!! I try to avoid building anywhere near my minibikes now, I find it easier and less buggy to move them in after the garage has been finished.

Hi Mantra_Maker - any chance of a clip or screen shot of what you're describing? I'm finding it difficult to visualize.

Is the block you placed right under the minibike or is there a half block causing a bit of distance between the bike ad the surface? I assume you removed all of the support blocks you had in place?

As SquiffyMcSquiff said you should be able to pick the chassis back up. If you remove all the items from the bike, and hold down the action button there should be a hand icon for picking the chassis up.

Clare

Hmm, before you hop into your game, try clearing the cache of the console if it was in standby to try and force a recalculation for the minibike to see if that unstick it.

I can pass details onto the team to see if we can replicate it even if it does come unstuck. Something like this could lead to bigger problems if there's an issue with calculating stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to confirm, a team member and myself managed to replicate this. We could not unstick the bike (though we did not try clearing the cache in this time). It matches a similar issue the team are aware of so we have informed them of these steps. It seems to be caused by the bike being almost 50/50 over two blocks, and one being taken out underneath as side blocks do not have a support effect on a bike.

If it has a negative effect on rebars or wood frames in the area, leaving the area and letting the chunk unload then reload should reset this.

i dug out the entire area, proceeded to encase it in different types of blocks. Did wood( no work), brick(nope), then did concrete and this dropped the minibike to the actual surface. So basically i dug one block underneath and placed a concrete block then built a cube of them encasing the bike then pick-axed what i needed to and once i broke through to be able to see it again it had re-attached to the surface. I don't know how to replicate this to show you a screenshot because it doesn't work every time trying to make it detach from the ground and when it did work i didn't get the concrete method to work every time. bizarre bug and a bizarre fix.

Archived