Haven't been able to play with friends since october 2016

Herbalvamp20

I bought your game when it released on xbox digitally. The october 2016 update killed my game to where I could no longer connect to online games at all or have people connect to me for more then a few minutes before they lag completely out. I contacted xbox they were unable to help i looked on the forums at that time noticed it was an issue so i decided to wait a while for an update fix. Fast forward 4 months later same issue checked the forums tried all the tips and tricks that people had posted and fixed their issues, nothing worked. I uninstalled reinstalled nothing deleted saved data same thing. I even bought a new console and started fresh and the issue persisted after 8 months of the issue so i gave up for a long while. Recently i had a craving to play again so i went out and bought a physical copy of the game from amazon trying to potentially bypass whatever issue it was i redeleted everything and started a fresh disc install and still the unable to play online issue persisted im frusterated beyond words because i love this game but can no longer play it with my friends. I have 50 download 10 upload internet speed. please contact me back.

Thank you for your time

Hi Herbalvamp20,

I am sorry you are having issues with connecting to your friends in online multiplayer. Even though an fix the team released fixed multiplayer for about 50% of those experiencing issues, it revealed another issue the team are still investigating that still causes issues for multiplayer connection.

While there appears to be an issue with the game connecting through a router to online multiplayer, this is not always the case for those who experience issues. Please provide the following information and I will do my best to help you troubleshoot this issue to see if there is anything we can do to help which the team continue to investigate. For your speeds, please include if they are mb/s or kb/s just for clarity.

Are you trying to connect as Host or Client: From above it sounds like you're attempting both?

Upload Speeds (while playing the game):

Download Speeds (While playing the game):

NAT type:

Wired or Wireless connection:

Internet Service Provider (ISP):

Router connected to console:

How many console connected to same router:

Thank you,

Clare

Hi Herbalvamp20,

I completely understand your frustration, unfortunately because of the number of varying factors for players connections it has proven difficult to test and find a solution to this issue so far. The team are continuing to try narrow down common factors and find the source of this issue, perhaps even the new upgrade they are working on will shine some more light on this issue too.

Thank you for providing your connection settings. I assume your friends are able to connect to other players? Or do they also have this issue?

Are you able to connect and maintain a connection to a random multiplayer game at all?

Some of my investigation as narrowed a potential issue down to the games communication with the internet through certain routers as I mentioned before. As the information you gave me is all within expected values for multiplayer, would it be possible to try something to try narrow this down?

While I understand this is not ideal, a lot of players have found success in not connecting directly to the router. By broadcasting wifi through another device it effectively places a buffer between the game and the router and allowing the game to connect to the internet. For example the setup would look like this:

Router > Wifi > Laptop/Tablet/Mobile Device > Wifi broadcast > XB1 > 7DTD

Again I completely understand this is not an ideal setup for players, but even testing it could help us narrow down if it is the communications with the router that could be effecting this. For example, in the uk, the router called the Home Hub 5 was a common factor for a lot of players, those who switched to the Home Hub 6 (or it one case to the Home Hub 4) found that whatever resistance there was in the connection was alleviated. Obviously we would never expect players need to change their plans, setup or have to open any additional ports etc, but I tell players this in the interest of sharing as much information as I can. I also tracked the information and what worked for players in this post: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?48737-Known-Issue-Multiplayer-Disconnection

Again, I completely understand how frustrating this is, hopefully the info I provided above can help in some way.

Clare

I try and connect and it says joining server and then boots me back to the main menu I dont get to see the actual game. Doing my own game i get to see the game and play but when someone tries to join me they get maximum 2 minutes before they start to lag bog straight out of the server but i can play alone fine but that isnt very fun

I understand that playing alone is not as enjoyable as multiplayer for you Herbalvamp20. Do you think you would be able to try the suggestion I gave above? Or even any of the ones in the first post of the linked thread?

Archived