Frequent Random Hordes

ThatCrazyMan

First of all, I should point out that I do not have the latest update for the game. So, the problem is, I have a fairly new random gen and I have enemy spawning on very low because I want to focus on building and stuff. The 7th day I didn't get a horde (or it passed my base without detecting me). I up my traps and add a ring around my base so I can shoot zeds with my bow up high, and day (or really night) 14 comes and again the horde either didn't come or didn't detect me. So I started a ditch around my house to manage zeds more easily and I hear an extra pair of footsteps and crouch to see if I'm being "hunted", and predictably, I was. I hop up on my ring and clear off a horde I assumed was a random one. next day I was working on my ditch and I hear a groan. Of course, hop up on my ring and clear the hoard. The next day, the only trouble I run into was an a**hole dog who bit me, I ran over to my base but sadly, it didn't follow me (it also had a friend). Next day no trouble. Next day another hoard pops up! I know there are "wandering hoards" but these attacks are too frequent and I haven't heard a screamer (I think that is what they are called). Are these just chance or was it one wandering hoard and my 2 blood moons were late?

I have known a wandering horde to turn up daily (size differs but they turn up regularly). One one building challenge, they turned up twice a day - it was like my building was dead in the middle of the zombie highway. They usually go through near where you are but it's possible they will pass by without you seeing them.

Not sure what happened with the 7th night horde - they will centre on you so unless they got caught up somewhere, I don't know what to suggest. You didn't log out of your world in the hours before the horde were due, did you?

I have known a wandering horde to turn up daily (size differs but they turn up regularly). One one building challenge, they turned up twice a day - it was like my building was dead in the middle of the zombie highway. They usually go through near where you are but it's possible they will pass by without you seeing them.

Not sure what happened with the 7th night horde - they will centre on you so unless they got caught up somewhere, I don't know what to suggest. You didn't log out of your world in the hours before the horde were due, did you?

Actually, yes. I frequently leave and go into a different world so I don't get bored of that one world.

Actually, yes. I frequently leave and go into a different world so I don't get bored of that one world.

Well, there's your problem right there. When you leave during a horde night, especially in older versions, the zombies just disappear. Good if you're getting your ass handed to you and need a breather, but bad if you want some fun.

First of all, I should point out that I do not have the latest update for the game. So, the problem is, I have a fairly new random gen and I have enemy spawning on very low because I want to focus on building and stuff. The 7th day I didn't get a horde (or it passed my base without detecting me). I up my traps and add a ring around my base so I can shoot zeds with my bow up high, and day (or really night) 14 comes and again the horde either didn't come or didn't detect me. So I started a ditch around my house to manage zeds more easily and I hear an extra pair of footsteps and crouch to see if I'm being "hunted", and predictably, I was. I hop up on my ring and clear off a horde I assumed was a random one. next day I was working on my ditch and I hear a groan. Of course, hop up on my ring and clear the hoard. The next day, the only trouble I run into was an a**hole dog who bit me, I ran over to my base but sadly, it didn't follow me (it also had a friend). Next day no trouble. Next day another hoard pops up! I know there are "wandering hoards" but these attacks are too frequent and I haven't heard a screamer (I think that is what they are called). Are these just chance or was it one wandering hoard and my 2 blood moons were late?

For me I’ve seen wandering hordes come with frequency when we are doing a lot of building or other activities around a base. If you demo a poi or blow something up rather significantly they usually show up. Typically these hordes have not had a screamer. I tend to see the screamers when running a forge or campfire. Not sure what version you are on but in much older ones they were relentess. In the latest patches they come but not so frequently it seems so the AI on that may have changed or it’s just random.

Update: I was going to add this. Maybe 3 or 4 updates ago I was building into the side of a cliff in the desert. The wandering hordes I attracted were relentess. Especially after I had a partial collapse. I finally gave up, blew the place up and moved on to a new location. For whatever reason they weren’t so bad there.

If you really want to build in peace and quiet I would turn the zombies spawn off while doing it.

Archived