Silent crawlers

I just died after not one, but two crawlers managed to break my legs. I have a good headset and did not hear either one. Shortly thereafter I had three dogs kill me because i couldn't run fast enough. The crawlers usually make some sound but it is so aggravating that I couldn't hear either one of them until they hit me. Can we get some sound effects fixed please?

Hi A HOMICIDAL NUN,

Can you confirm were the crawlers coming from behind you when you couldn't hear them? Were both crawlers of the same type?

If they were behind you, are other zombies behind you continuing to make noise without issue?

If this is the first time you've noticed no sounds for crawlers, please clear the cache of your console as that may help, and I shall report this to the team.

Clare

It was the "reanimated type crawlers". They were both behind me. All the other zombies were making normal sounds and they were in front of me. I know it was the same type crawling zombies with the darker clothes/skin than most of the other zombies. This was a mid day horde attack and I had them set to walk by day, run by night. So they were walking and crawling except for the dogs that came later. I can say however this isn't the first time I've had this happen. Usually they make some sound every now and then. But definately not this time.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for the help Clare :)

Thank you for those details A HOMICIDAL NUN - no sounds behind you is a bug I've heard of before and I thought had been resolved but this may be a different version of it. I pass these further details onto the team and let them know it has occurred for players in this way.

Thank you again for the details, if there's anything else you notice or think of, please let me know. In the mean time watch your ankles! :)

• 1 month later...
It was the "reanimated type crawlers". They were both behind me. All the other zombies were making normal sounds and they were in front of me. I know it was the same type crawling zombies with the darker clothes/skin than most of the other zombies. This was a mid day horde attack and I had them set to walk by day, run by night. So they were walking and crawling except for the dogs that came later. I can say however this isn't the first time I've had this happen. Usually they make some sound every now and then. But definately not this time.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for the help Clare :)

I've only ever seen this twice and both times it was last night. The crawlers had been amputated by spikes. They were making sound before they had their body parts *ahem* donated to science , once they had become crawlers their audio dropped and i lost track of them. Now this was on two separate occasions one at night and one mid-day so the time of day seems to play no part in it.

Archived