Xbox Other Thomas Edison Not Progressing

kodylane2u

Hi Kodylane2u,

I am sorry that someone appears to be preventing you from unlocking this achievement. Can you confirm for me what items you are crafting (if there's a particular one you're quick-crafting to unlock the achievement)?

Also, please confirm that the saves you are trying to unlock this with have don't have creative or cheat mode turned on - This will negate any trophy unlocking.

Clare

Thank you for confirming that for me Kodylan2u.

Since you noticed the progress not changing for the achievement, have you cleared the cache of your console? (shut down and unplugged for 5 mins) - if not please try this as it may encourage the achievement to pop.

In the mean time I will pass this info to the team to see if they have any other suggestions.

Very sorry for the late response. I did as you suggested and cleared the system cache; however, that seems to have had no effect. The progress still stays at 30% despite me farming wood and crafting 7,000 wood log spikes. I hope this issue is resolved soon :)

Hi Kodylane2u,

Thank you for trying that, I'm sorry to hear that did not work. I'm waiting to hear back from the team about your issue. It appears in some cases if achievements have not synced with Xbox Live, resyncing by restarting the console may still take 72 hours to pop the achievement, if it does unlock over the next while, please let me know.

If it is a syncing issue, no other achievements would be progressing or unlocking in all games or across 7DTD. Have you noticed if others have stalled too? or is it only this achievement that has been effected?

Resetting the console while preserving games and apps appears to be another troubleshooting option for XB1 - https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults - However I would prefer to try and confirm if this is a glitch in the game causing a lack of progress or a desync to Xbox Live first.

Clare

Hey there,

I can confirm that this is not a syncing issue. Just last night I unlocked the achievement for surviving 500 minutes in single player, and it popped the moment I earned it. It seems that maybe the traveling x amount of Km achievements might be bugged as well, but I haven't tested that yet.

Thank you both for that information. I know the team member looking into this has been testing the progress of achievements and at the moment they are progressing as normal on our end, but we'll keep testing to see if we can trigger it.

If we can't, it may be worth trying the resync while preserving apps and data to force an achievement resync to try and unstick the counters between the game and Xbox Live. If that doesn't work we can then rule that option out also and continue to investigate other areas.

Clare

Hey there!

I reset my xbox to factory default while preserving apps and data, but the issue persists. I crafted 100 log spikes, which would have added 2% to the counter, but it did not. So I'm out of ideas as to what the problem might be.

Thank you for checking that Kodylane2u. I know they say XBL can take up to 72 hours to sync, but I imagine most of the time it's fairly quick.

I'll pass this information onto the team member looking into this as well as adding it to my report as a whole on achievement counters. Should the team have any further suggestions while they are investigating this I will post them here.

Hi there,

Just an update on this - during testing we have found that for us the achievements are not updating until they are complete in one save we have. With regards to Thomas Edison, crafting in the workbench may also be a factor in comparison to crafting in the tool-belt. Similar to how experience may not be gained when crafting items in the workbench while doing something else.

We are going to continue to look into this to find the root cause of it occurring in saves, but I can confirm we have found something odd.

Do either of you see elements of the creative menu at all, even without creative/cheat mode?

Clare

Archived