Random Disconnects on Servers

Kagehamaru

I seem to always get random disconnects no matter which server I am on. I do not get them in single player, though I have spent significantly more time on multiplayer. It has happened on other servers, but I only currently play on one server.

The disconnects often mean a loss of what my character was doing, sometimes the box I was accessing doesn't work. I often lose anything that I just transferred into my inventory, most likely from desyncing the server and my character.

I have tried every normal fix to any normal thing I can find or can think of that could solve most problems. Verifying data, reinstalling, deleting all saves (with backups for anything I didn't want to delete, just seeing if it helps), enabling and re-disabling UNET networking, 64 and 32 bit (normally 64).

I'm sure many other people sometimes get kicked from servers, but I get it significantly more than any other person on the server, including my brother playing from the same household as me with an extremely similar computer. He connects wirelessly and has a newer GPU, slightly weaker but with 4GB memory. I am wired to the router and I have an older GPU, more powerful, but with only 3GB memory.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134

Processor Intel® Core i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 4200 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB

Adapter Type GeForce GTX 780 Ti, NVIDIA compatible

Driver Version 24.21.13.9793

LostConnection.jpg.57404fce786340744383af0ecbc968cf.jpg

I get these repeatedly and not always the same but usually a variation of these all the time.

1379408166_NetConnectionnull.jpg.606229efef2f0bd0773cc9a3d60589f5.jpg

RPC_RawData.jpg.739902e73d65afcc00e1eee7aef487ab.jpg

All.jpg.89ee154d2dad21a6587f209a806e2d52.jpg

This is commonly caused by failure to exclude your game client from security software. I recommend excluding the entire Steam folder personally.

Outside of that, there are about a thousand other possibilities. Read up on the Sticky FAQ thread for details on excluding your client, and tracking down latency issues.

I've done what you recommended. I can't really notice a difference, I still disconnect in less than 5 minutes at a time sometimes. My brother has the same connection, and is wireless while I am wired. I have no idea what I could change to better latency.

Archived