Dedicated server character reset?

rockwood610

Hello everyone.

I have an issue that may have been my own fault, but I figure I will come here to ask anyways. Recently, a friend of mine and myself setup my PC to host a dedicated 7 Days server. We had a good 3 weeks sunk into the game. Just this past Monday, I had some issues with my PC, and had to do a Windows 10 Pro re-install.

I had all our server files backed up before I did the re-install of Windows. I re-installed the steamcmd folder and files, and the server loaded/worked fine, however, my character was completely gone. When i joined the server, it was like I had just started the game. All my stats where back to default, none of my items where there, ect.

Was there other files I needed to back up prior to wiping out my Windows drive and re-installing Windows? Or should my character stats be included in the server files?

Thanks in advance for any help!

If you put an explicit savefolder in serverconfig (like saves) it will be in "7dtd dedi folder\Saves\Random Gen\<mapname>\Player"

If you have not altered the savegame location in serverconfig.xml it will be in "C:\Users\<windowsUserName\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\Random Gen\<mapname>\Player"

Cheers

If you put an explicit savefolder in serverconfig (like saves) it will be in "7dtd dedi folder\Saves\Random Gen\<mapname>\Player"

If you have not altered the savegame location in serverconfig.xml it will be in "C:\Users\<windowsUserName\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\Random Gen\<mapname>\Player"

Cheers

Thank you for the reply. I honestly am not sure if that was done or not, as a friend of mine setup most of the server file ordeals. But since I did this Windows 10 re-install ,that is when the issue started, so I am assuming that this is where the problem lies.

However, one of the other players in our group said his character was also reset. Would not setting up the files in the mannor you mentioned effect all players? Or just mine?

Thank you for the reply. I honestly am not sure if that was done or not, as a friend of mine setup most of the server file ordeals. But since I did this Windows 10 re-install ,that is when the issue started, so I am assuming that this is where the problem lies.

However, one of the other players in our group said his character was also reset. Would not setting up the files in the mannor you mentioned effect all players? Or just mine?

All player files would be in there.

Cheers

Archived