Very, very big bug problems Xbox One,Xbox One X

mikiCZ20

Hi MikiCZ20,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing the regular crashing issue on your XB1. The error that can sometimes follow this is known as an MD5 error.

There is currently no fix for the crashing and MD5 errors, however the team are still working on these issues. The MD5 error has multiple triggers that the Console team has reduced down greatly. There are a few workarounds that players use to avoid this issues while waiting on a fix.

- Crash indicators: There are a number of indicators your might spot that a crash is coming. A menu flickering / not displaying. Animals not spawning correctly. A sudden extreme change in weather. - Shutting down immediately and clearing the cache of the console by unplugging for 5 mins and rebooting

- Timing: If you know how long it takes, some players time and reset without a trigger.

- Crash Factors: Some things may cause whatever is generating the crashes to build up faster. This can include large amounts of the map explored in a single session, or large modifications made. While I'm not saying to avoid these, as they are at the core of Gameplay, it is worth noting it make have an effect when watching for crashes.

- MD5 workaround: If you do experience a crash, there is a change it will trigger an MD5 error. Aside from keeping items spread out (it seems to hit storage rooms and crafting stations kept together most often) players have found a way to roll back a little on XB1 to avoid the MD5. It should be noted this is not an official workaround so caution is advised when using it. A lot of players have reported success with it however if followed quickly and exactly after a crash https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?69218-Possible-work-around-and-or-solution-to-md5-crashes(base-wipes-resets)

I understand how disheartening and frustrating these crashes and MD5 errors can be, and also understand that the workarounds are not ideal but they have proven effective while waiting on fixes to be released. Currently the team are working on upgrading the game engine to Unity 2017, which should help them fix some of the more persistent bugs still in the game. They confirmed this upgrade last week in this announcement: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?84520-06-06-Message-from-the-Team

I hope that information helps. If you have any further questions I will do my best to answer them.

Clare

Hi MikiCZ20,

As stated above there is currently no complete resolution but the team is working on it. In the mean time, temporary resolutions to avoid MD5 errors and crashes are outlined above.

Clare

Archived