new story on crash

ruc

so starting playing 2 months ago and after what just happen to the base and all that wasted time , this game crash more times than an 747 on takeoff , not only crash hard but converted everything i did back to day 1, great game , not , now i read this and from what your saying is dont bother to play any part of the game , so with that being said , i feel as you made the crash (not calling it a game , am calling it 7 sec to steel our money ). if you cant do half of what you said on here i feel that you scamed a whole bunch of people with a $30 game you cant even play without crashing . then you want to play a guessing game of when the next crash ??? you have screw losse somwere

i want my cash back

Hi l3ig l3omber,

This issue is one the team are still working on. Both myself and the team understand how frustrating this issue can be for players.

While there is currently no way to prevent the crashes once they start occurring in a save, they can be avoided by hard resetting or clearing the cache (unplugging for 5 mins) before the crash occurs. Players do this by either timing their play sessions or when an indicator of an imminent crash shows up (Players report these include: menus flickering/displaying incorrectly, animals not spawning correctly, extreme weather changes)

If a crash does occur players have found a workaround that helps them avoid the MD5 errors - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?69218-Possible-work-around-and-or-solution-to-md5-crashes(base-wipes-resets) - please note that as this is a player found workaround that involves deleting and re-syncing data caution is advised. It is also a time sensitive workaround that must be performed immediately after a crash.

The following suggestions to help lengthen playtime / avoid MD5 errors from players may also help you.

- Some items being grouped together that can cause a lag build up. These include large numbers of trees growing together, woodframe windows, toggle lights (10+), torches, candles and large number of spikes.

- large modifications (builds / mines) appears to have an effect on the time it takes to crash [*]

- Amount of map uncovered also appears to be a factor [*]

- Collapsing large buildings / large areas of land all at once

- For MD5 errors, it has been noted lately that they are often likely to occur in a crafting room / storage room and some players have started spreading their crafting stations and storage out which they say helps them a lot.

I hope that information helps you, if you have any questions I'll do my best to answer them.

Clare

[*] These points were very badly worded on my part and while the past they were a larger contributing factor listing them as I have here causes it to look like I am suggesting avoiding major aspects of the game. That is not my intention. Please see full note on this in my next post below.

new story on crash

i started a new map , and didnt even make 5 days . wtf r u kidding me .

was running back to base and my map start to disapear so i quick loged out ad restarted my whole xcrap and loged back into crash and started running again ,,, not 5 sec the whole game crash to dashboard

i then removed the cd from my xcrap and snaped your pos game in 2 .

Hi Ruc,

I am sorry you are having issues with your game crashing. If you wish to give me your details of your save using the guide provided https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?47268-IMPORTANT-Please-read-BEFORE-posting I will do my best to help troubleshoot your issue and reduce your crashes. The fact that you crash so frequently leads me to believe something else is occurring here.

As per the note on my comment you quoted above, I worded some items badly, so rather than deleting my mistake I corrected myself in a later post in the same thread. This can be read here - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?83328-Crash-every-45-min-85min&p=807195&viewfull=1#post807195

With your areas being reset back to day 1, or the MD5 error, the post linked in my quote has proven to be the most successful workaround for players so far. However if must be followed quickly and exactly. For hard resetting the Xbox it is recommended that you shut down and unplug for 5 mins to ensure the crash is cleared.

While I understand the frustration these crashes cause, I would ask that you please post in a respectful manner as per the forum rules.

In your first post you asked for a refund. I do not have access to player accounts or payment information. If you wish to seek a refund you will need to do so from the retailer that sold you the game.

Clare

as stated

noone should have too sit here and have to play a guesing game when i need to shutt down the xbox as stated in my last post , i have uninstall the game from my xbox and will NEVERplay again. this should have been tested before putting this none playing game on the market .

yeah do want a refund and your going get back the cd i have and can hang that on the wall of shame. . yeah were not going back to gamestop were there a bigger ripoff than this game , i want the refund

from the very poeple that made this game which is you not gamestop

Hi Ruc,

I appreciate and understand that the current workarounds for these issues are not ideal for players. While it may not be of great benefit to you now, the team are continuing to work updates for the game so players can play without worrying about MD5 errors and crashes.

As I mentioned in my last post, I do not have access to accounts and payments, digital or retail. All refund requests need to go through the retailer who sold the game, be it the online console stores or a game shop and follow the return policy for each.

Clare

that's what i guess

than i will file a complant with the BBB .

when you make a game and put it on the market for 30 bucks , and the game is not playable than that is what we call fraud , scam . next actions will be a class action lawsuit

Hi Ruc,

I appreciate and understand that the current workarounds for these issues are not ideal for players. While it may not be of great benefit to you now, the team are continuing to work updates for the game so players can play without worrying about MD5 errors and crashes.

As I mentioned in my last post, I do not have access to accounts and payments, digital or retail. All refund requests need to go through the retailer who sold the game, be it the online console stores or a game shop and follow the return policy for each.

Clare

than i will file a complant with the BBB .

when you make a game and put it on the market for 30 bucks , and the game is not playable than that is what we call fraud , scam . next actions will be a class action lawsuit

The problem has more to do with the xbox than the game. I used to play with a friend for 10+ hours a day on the ps4 without any issues.

Archived