Plant fiber use suggestions

JodyFish

I was thinking of a few things to do with plant fibers. First off, making a mountable flashlight. Effectively, use two plant fibers to tie a flashlight onto a metal (or wood) frame. An alternative to torches. Along the same line, 3 flashlights, 6 plant fibers and some iron pipes could make a hangable light (chandelier, of sorts). Right clicking on these (mounted flashlight or chandelier) could turn them on or off. Secondly, rope. Lots of plant fibers could be crafted into sections of rope. Rope could then be used for making snare traps in woods to catch (hopefully) pigs or rabbits, but may catch the unwanted (and unwilling) zombie. Rope could also make tripwire for alarms. One thing modded into our MP server was using 2 plant fibers, an iron helmet, and a flashlight to make the mining helmet.

I agree. We should have more uses for plant fiber. To craft a rope is a good idea. Also, I think plant fibers should be necessary to craft (tie) the most basic type of ladder, as we just need sticks and no nails or any kind of scrap metal. Crafting a wooden club is also a very raw process ... it would be better to tie those sticks with plant fiber or some kind of pine resin. Or instead, we could find those clubs (which are merely a large wood stick) already done, in the ground.

Persoanlly, I just want the ability to place torches.. no, wait, americanisms... Flash-lights. i want the ability to place [I]flash-lights[/I]. I have about four or five of them, and frankly sitting them on the floor or wall to light up my base makes way more sense than having magically floating, perpetually burning, fire-on-a-stick just sitting on the wall.

Archived