Connection issue with just One friend

I can't join one of my friends server and he can't join mine. We always get the "failed to connect to server" error. We can both join someone else's server at the same time but never when either one of us is host. We both have open NAT.

I see a lot of connection issue posts but not where we can't connect to one specific person. Any help would be appreciated.

After talking to Microsoft (because this happens on this game and Sniper Elite), they confirmed that it is not a problem with connection or the consoles and to contact the game developers directly.

Hi InconvenienetlyLargeDragon,

Sorry for the delay in getting to you post.

Would it be possible to get the following connection details for you and your friend:

Upload Speeds (while playing the game):

Download Speeds (While playing the game):

NAT type: Open

Wired or Wireless connection:

Internet Service Provider (ISP):

Router connected to console:

How many console connected to same router:

Can you confirm if you're both able to host or connect to random games that other players join?

Thank you for letting me know that it occurs for Snipe Elite also - Is it the same issue, not being able to connect to this one player?

While each game structures their multiplayer connections differently, this is useful to know.

There is a confirmed post about connection issues here - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?48737-Known-Issue-Multiplayer-Disconnection - which contains workarounds that have worked for some, if you have tried any of these, please let me know.

Thank you,

Clare

Archived