Boundaries between antagonistic biomes

Rudra

Hi devs, my suggestion is that antagonistic biomes become separated by an intermediate biome during the randomly generated world, so that Deserts do not face Snowy Forests. Any other biome (Forest, Nuclear Fallout Zone, Pine Forest, Plains, Rural Area or Wasteland) could be between them.

[QUOTE=Rudra;140632]Hi devs, my suggestion is that antagonistic biomes become separated by an intermediate biome during the randomly generated world, so that Deserts do not face Snowy Forests. Any other biome (Forest, Nuclear Fallout Zone, Pine Forest, Plains, Rural Area or Wasteland) could be between them.[/QUOTE] Should be possible... [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_color_theorem[/url] And +1, there should be more of a greater picture in RWG, too! Perhaps even make desert more common in biomes south of 0,0, and snow more common north!

Huh, I read that as "Agnostic Biomes" and thought we were gonna have biomes that were skeptical of the concept of a higher power. Good idea, someone else had a similar idea for the cities where you'd have outskirts and suburbs outside the main hub, it'd def look more natural.

[QUOTE=Ashoda;140637]An addition to this would be to have blended borders something akin to minecraft so the transition isn't so abrupt. Also utilize rivers less as borders and more as a scenic piece of a biome[/QUOTE] I've long wished for a gentler transition between biome types. The current use of rivers (always with Desert biome river banks) is clearly a temporary measure, but we've had random map for a while now (since 9.0) and it'd be nice to see the transitions improved. Especially if there are larger areas of the map with no rivers or lakes, making them poor places to settle. Currently, that strategic consideration cannot exit, as all biomes appear to be guaranteed to be bordered on rivers on all sides.

Archived