I, Vampire

Darkstardragon

This is a proof of concept mod(as sphere would say lol) that transforms the player into a creature of the night, literally. Think about what you know about vampires when you play. Dont want to spoil it here but if you must, features have been outlined in the sdx tool thread. Enjoy.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NS-2_PFlSKBgOAk05PiDdGu6-dr3l1yi

icons and resources are not for reuse

thanks gup and xyth for custom entities

thanks sphere for "light" mechanics

thanks jax for disabling weather survival

thanks khaine for invisible hand item

thanks telric for traders ridge and the stuff you did for me a while back

blood bag was not included properly

here is item has to be subbed in itemsxml

<item id="662" name="bloodBag">

<property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Misc/sackPrefab" />

<property name="DropMeshfile" value="Items/Misc/sack_droppedPrefab" />

<property name="Material" value="organic" />

<property name="Stacknumber" value="5" />

<!-- STK resource -->

<property name="EconomicValue" value="5" />

<property name="EconomicBundleSize" value="1" />

<property name="SellableToTrader" value="false" />

<property name="HoldType" value="45" />

<property class="Action1">

<property name="Class" value="Eat" />

<property name="Delay" value="1.0" />

<property name="Use_time" value="..." />

<property name="Gain_health" value="100" />

<property name="Gain_stamina" value="100" />

<property name="Gain_wellness" value="1" />

<property name="Gain_food" value="100" />

<property name="Gain_water" value="100" />

<property name="Sound_start" value="player_drinking" />

<property name="Buff" value="splint,cured,speedBoost" />

<property name="Debuff" value="infection,infection1,infection2,infection3,dysentery,dysentery2,bleeding,arrowCriticalBleedout" />

</property>

<property name="ActionSkillGroup" value="Medicine" />

<property name="CraftingSkillGroup" value="craftSkillScience" />

<property name="CraftingIngredientExp" value="3" />

<property name="Group" value="Science" />

<property name="ActionExp" value="10" />

</item>

will update it tomorrow

Loving the Concept.

Having some issues with the mod. Below is what I noticed. May contain spoilers of the Mod. You have been warned !!!

<!--- not working

1. Start has no Immune time from NPC's.

You start off on fire and you quickly realize you have sunscreen but NPC's firing at you almost instantly. Died. Ok, cool maybe I had too to find out I was a Vampire.......Nope. No coffin down so lost start loot. Restart of World. Manage to get into house but took damage from starting and what seems to be bats? NPC's knocking down the door as soon as i closed it.

2. Npc was 1 Chick with bow and not attacking me and sounds like a man. Sounded like a group of men.

3.BTW not offended myself with language but all the cursing could offend. Maybe have 2 versions? clean and cursing. Or atleast warn of it.

4. Npc with bow,club, melee just stand still and don't attack you.

5. Npc with pistol is deadly accurate from a mile away. okay, maybe half a mile.

6. Take sun damage even at night 22:00, 01:00, 03:00 and not even a moon.

7. With sunscreen being important, wasn't getting any as loot, loot in general was mostly NONE until like level 5.

8. How do you suck blood. Never figured it out. Tried zombies but kinda knew that shouldn't work because they have no viable blood (by lore). Tried on those standing still Npc's who never attacked and only swore at me and still couldn't get blood. Thinking of using blood draw kit on them or something because obviously we need human/animal blood and not our own Vampire blood.

9. Didn't seem like Coffin preventing zombie spawn in area. Had some spawn right next to the coffin I placed.

10. Looks like you might of just fixed it, blood (had to use creative mode) was seriously week, med kits was better.

11. Vampire claws weak too, still had to use axe to break stuff faster.

12. Bats attacking me at night?

13. In gas station, in lighted area with couches, I saw what appeared to be zombie/sleeper spawner, next to door. It was wood crate with iron tag in middle of it. Maybe that is just game and not your mod....just pointing it out.

-->

Now some things that could be worked on for future release:

1. Download has most game files in it, please only put the ones you modified with proper file structure. Maybe put in how to install your mod too.

2. Maybe set an assign starting point in prefab or somewhere safe from sun.

3. Have more starting quests. Only 3 main ones and still have to do most from Vanilla game to survive.

4. Didn't see any skills or perks added in the mod.

An example i could see added is That run speed from blood being broken into 3 upgrades tied to levels (think Barter upgrades). 1/3 33% more run speed, 2/3 66% more run speed, 3/3 100% run speed (basically what is is as of this posting)

Another example is something tied to sunscreen mechanic... immunity to sun.

5. With blood being an issue in future, aka zombies as well as Vampire player wiping Npc's, we need a way to synthesize blood. via Science perk, item recipe, etc. If with perk, an idea is how potent the blood would be to our health with max level matching real blood.

6. Vampires are normally considered fast,strong, immortal, .........shape-shifter (flies-but game code cant so that's out)...weak or dies in sunlight, but a deadly monster at night. You have the speed down, could we get some other attributes too? Things to ponder:Can Vampire breathe underwater? Could they fall from greater distances without breaking a leg? Could they instant kill with vampire claws or knock down a tall tree or break steel?

7. Probably more, but blank at moment.

Above is IMO and should be taken light-heartedly. It is your Vision/version of the Vampire. I obviously look forward to future updates to this mod. Thank you for making it.

Very good critique. Noticed a bunch of things last night playing on mp. Food and water levels from blood need to be toned down, as blood is the only way to heal other than the bat buff. Bats chance to buff will be set higher. The light levels need to be turned up in xml as we found that we were still burning well into night. Excellent suggestions:

1. will change the download so that all files are included, sphere has graciously offered to host on the modlauncher as well

2. had starting quest to point to wilderness prefab but breaks the game

3. planned to add more starting quests

4. will consider adding more perks

5. did consider adding recipes and after playing last night will def add them for blood and sunscreen

6. yes, the claws will be made stronger

thanks for the feedback

Archived