Trader Joe's and the Forge

kewldewd91

Me and my fiance have now had to restart our world 3 times in the last week. The first world we played, we could not enter trader Joels during the "open" hours. We kept getting teleported outside. We even tried to wait out side the trader for 24hrs so see if it fixed itself, but decided to have to restart at day 84.

The second glitch made us real mad. We had just started a new world, and were established. We built a forge, and dumped all our our materials into it and walked away. When we returned the forge, it was gone. Only the fire and smoke animation remained. We tried to dig out around underneath to made it break and fall, but to no avail. All of our resources were gone.

Hi kewldewd91

I am sorry to hear these issues are effecting your game. For Trader Joes can you confirm for me if you tried to clear the cache of your console when this occurred (shutting down and unplugging for 5 mins) - please also confirm for me what console you are playing on.

For the forge issue, when you say you walked away, how far did you go?

Did the chunk your forge was in unload?

Have you tried walking the same distance away again and returning to see if it triggers the forge to reload?

Are you able to place anything in the block where the forge used to be?

Can you remember what was in the forge and what you were making and using for fuel when it vanishied / became invisible?

Thank you,

Clare

Hello Clare,

First of all thank you for the reply.

For starters I'm on PS4 with the latest update version. As for the trader we did try to reset the PS4 but it did not help. When it came to the forge we were not able to open it, and nothing could be placed in the spot it was in. We did try to break it by making sure all space in a 2x2 area around was dug out, but the forge did not break. The smoke and flame animation still existed. We only walked about one chunk away and for only 30sec. Long enough for me to go-to my partner and drop off a tool. In the forge we we're smelting scrap iron and clay, and we were in the process of making iron for iron tools.

Hi Kewldewd91,

Thank you for that extra information, I shall pass this onto the team to see if they can recreate it. Did both the trader issue and the forge issue occur in the same save? Do you happen to still have the saves these issues occurred in, or were they deleted upon restarting?

Clare

no i do not have the saves anymore. and no they were not on the same world.

SIDE Note: they has been a bug that also pops up frime time to time, this one deals with the smell meter. when holding anything "smelly" the icon sometime wont show up and you wont get notified. this bug is not very inportant as it seems that the zombies aint attracted by the smell. but it is a bug i thought i would bring to the surface

Hi kewldewd91,

While it is unfortunate you do not have the saves, I understand not keeping them and starting again. Have these issues or similar occurred at all in your current save or were they isolated to those older saves?

By any chance do you remember the seed of the saves? If you resused the seed for this save would it be possible to get the location you originally had the forge in?

For the smell icon, this is an issue the team are aware of, but in the past clearing the cache restored the icon. When it happened again, please try this. If it does not restored the icon it could be a different trigger at work and I will alert the team.

Clare

Archived