Base number 5 gone

Warpspawn

Same as before, build base, start collecting resources, mats, mixers, forges, etc game crash, base gone.

But after the 3rd area reset, I started spreading supplies around different bases, I have been using the work around religiously.

I am starting to think that the md5 is not a glitch, but deliberate sabotage of a great game, there is no conflicting line of code making it crash and reset, I think it's the other way around, it's trying to respawn an area, but the player is in the way causing it to crash.

I have noticed that it hits the player in the most sensitive part, storage, without supplies the player is up the creek, without a paddle.

After my 3rd reset I turned off the zombies, set days to longest, blocks to lowest, max airdrops, loot to 200 etc to try to recoup loses, I've given up with zombie fighting, I'm fighting md5 seeing how long I can survive before quitting.

Xbox

Random gen

Enemies 1 md5

Days longest

Loot the most

Airdrops frequently

Bored getting there

Hi Warpspawn,

I am sorry to hear you were hit with an md5 again. Can you confirm for me this occurred despite using the work around or was it not used this time? I am trying to keep track of how many people it doesn't work for.

The md5 error is definitely not a deliberate sabotage, multiple triggers for this error (there were a lot) have been fixed, reducing the numbers of md5 errors greatly. It also appears something similar is rare, but can occur on on PC too, it's unclear if the two are 100% connected, but it is one of the clues the team have been looking at.

Players being hit in the storage / crafting station areas does seem to be the most commonly reported md5 location of late - this is not to say it is overall, but from those who have reported it since the last update, that appears to be where this trigger is coming from. However the process of the MD5 error appeared to be a build up on the game that causes a crash, and then an MD5 error being triggered. Rather than an MD5 triggering causing a crash. The original description of the MD5 was it occurs when the save fails to load an area, there was one trigger which could cause it to happen if you unloaded the chunk your base was in, and then reloaded it, without ever having left the game. This trigger has been fixed.

I will of course pass your MD5 > Crash rather than Crash > MD5 theory onto the team (I'm not up to date on their theories but better not to assume they have already explored something). This makes sense with regards to the XB1 workaround, unless the crash just caused something in the area to glitch, and the MD5 is still only occurring when the save it loaded, but in the crash the workstation has fallen through the world, or whatever it is that causes the failed load.

I understand how frustrating and disheartening this multiple md5 errors can be and I appreciate you taking the time to continue reporting your experiences and the details of the save.

Clare

Right this works for my crashes on the Xbox bro

When you get a crash load up a different game so it loads up a different saved game data such as cal of duty or any high save deta game

Play it for 5-10 minutes so it can give it time for 7s deta

Then re-load 7 days too die

I can’t promise but it always work for me bro

But never know we might get info for a new update regarding this stupid issue

This time workaround did'nt work

I was working on a small pole corner bunker , 1 of 4 the third 1, 31 blocks outside the base, the poles started to flicker, so I quit the game through the X button not the start button, wiped my saved game twice, first time did'nt delete, restarted the game, came to still holding the pole I was going to place, but the blocks and other poles had gone, so turned to see whether to other 2 were still there, they were okay ,only the middle of my base, a few rows of spikes and the position I was working on disappeared, it left me with a patch of grassy ground surrounded by 6 rows of spikes on concrete blocks, luckily had taken over the bunker down the road and stocked up the minibike, and spare bike in case this happened again, I have caches all over the map, stuck to the legs of the big store signs none of them has disappeared

Hi Warpspawn,

Just to confirm, you said the save didn't delete the first time, when you noticed this, did you try again immediately or did you discover it hadn't deleted another way?

Was the area that reset centred on your character? Or was it centred on something you had with you will building, like a camp fire etc.

Thank you for giving the details of what happened, I really appreciate you sharing this information with us.

Clare

After quitting to dashboard, I went into manage game, selected the warpspawn save, selected delete, A to confirm, it said deleted but save still showed on list, so deleted again, it deleted from list.

I made a 11x11 room support and ladder in the middle with 5 forges down 1 side 5 mixers opposite, storage boxes above for raw mats and refined mats.5 blocks above, same size room with workbench and chem station plus storage, also 4 exits to lead out to pole pillboxes, reset appears to centre on forges, mixers and storage, there was no campfire in that base, i cook in the poi bunker and split food and ammo between 4 locations around map.

I also made 1m sign above each forge to help me remember what was cooking in each. Irrelivent maybe, who knows

Hope this info helps

Archived