Leveling Bug

VultureAcid

Here recently I noticed a very annoying bug on the console version when crafting items from any stationary object such as a forge, workbench, cement mixer, etc. For example, when crafting 100 forged iron at the forge, my Miscellaneous Crafting skill receives a level up around 5 times but only when I'm engaged in the forge UI. When I leave the forge while the items are being crafted, the skill does not receive any progression. I can understand the concept of not receiving any level progression for the skill that's affected by what I'm crafting when my character isn't present in the forge UI at the time the items are being crafted, but shouldn't that also cancel out the crafting itself as well, especially if I'm not leveling from it? Either way, this bug has been very troublesome for me usually within the first in-game week leading up to the first blood moon. I have to adjust the time lapse for a whole in-game day to pass in 2 hours instead of 50 mins to help balance out the leveling gap when crafting.

Hi VultureAcid

Thank you for reporting this issue you are having, please give me as much information as possible about your save using the guide provided - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?47268-IMPORTANT-Please-read-BEFORE-posting

Please be sure to include...

What console you are on

Have you noticed if this effects all items, or only some so far

What else is in the forge where you noticed this occurring (for when we try to replicate the issue)

Have you tried clearing the cache of the console recently (shutting down and unplugging for 5 mins)

Is it only this save it occurs in, or all saves

Thank you,

Clare

Hi VultureAcid,

After conferring with the team over the information you have given me the experience received will likely continue to change in future versions that are ported from PC as they changed what experience you get on PC completely so rather than this being "fixed" to the older version where you had Exp over time from crafting items, it'll continue to evolve into the setup PC has now.

Clare

Archived