Lost everything in my chests

Agreen2170

Hi Agreen2170,

It sounds like you experienced an MD5 error - this is an error that reverts areas back to their Day 1 state. As all saves are maintained on the host console I cannot restore save files or roll them back. Once the MD5 error occurs and is saved, unless the player has a backup of their save file, it is not possible to restore the items.

Reports on the MD5 error on PS4 are relatively rare. If possible, please provide as much information as you can about what happened before you discovered it if anything was in the area of the stadium that reset other than chests.

This guide may be of some help - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?47268-IMPORTANT-Please-read-BEFORE-posting

I am sorry to hear that your save has been hit by an MD5 error. The MD5 errors have multiple triggers, currently the most frequently reported one is a crash (more commonly reported on XB1). The team have fixed a lot of these triggers in previous updates and are still working to remove the last of the MD5 error triggers.

Also, just in case you were unaware, the Console team is separate to the PC team. While there is a fair bit of collaboration between the two when it comes to common bugs or features being ported, the Console team mainly consists of members from Iron Galaxy Studios and Telltale Games

If you have any questions about the MD5 error I will do my best to answer them.

Clare

Archived